controller question

tada1096

i use a saitek x52 control system for fsx, I also have a logiteck g27 wheel and pedal set for racing games, what im wondering is there anyway that i can setup the pedals from the g27 to control the rudder. Like the throttle and clutch to control the rudder. I have been messing with it and can just get one pedal to control the rudder which means i have to hold in the pedal at 50 % to fly strait. I would like clutch to control left rudder and throttle to control right rudder

Nope. My lovely wife has a really nice wheel/pedal set for NASCAR racing online. I have tried and tried to get those bloody pedals to work in FSX, but not a bit of luck.

Sorry. Maybe someone better at computer/game interfacing than I can give a better answer than that, though...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I'm not aware of what you're using. But if you can get a reaction at all in FSX from your pedals, you may have a good chance. Do you have the FSUIPC software? If you have the licensed version you can set a lot of controller parameters. I'd give that a look.
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I would like clutch to control left rudder and throttle to control right rudder

As those are physically two different input axes (that aren't coupled) I don't think you can get this to work.

Trying to assign them both to rudder and/or steering tiller might give conflicting inputs to FSUIPC, and IMO even crash FSUIPC (crashing FSX with it).

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

I would think it is possible. I have a G25 and if I remember correctly they have a serial port connector on them. Try buying a serial to USB adapter and plugging the pedals straight in to a USB port.

Something like this http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-TU-S9-USB-Serial-Converter/dp/B0007T27H8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447113223&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+to+rs-232+serial+adapter

Actually, now that I think about it. I did this exact thing with the pedals from and old Thrustmaster T1 racing wheel and pedals.

Archived