The tail light is very big and ugly

There is no where to adjust or remove that light

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit

light.0 = 3, -3.49, -17.14, 2.52, fx_navredalabeo172

light.1 = 3, -3.45, 17.14, 2.52, fx_navgrealabeo172

light.2 = 1, -20.86, 0.00, 5.20, fx_beaconalabeo172

light.3 = 4, -2.57, 0.00, 1.60, fx_A2A_J3CUB_vclight

Seems it's in the model and I'm stuck with it, yes?

BUL.jpg

It looks like light.2 is the culprit. They have labeled it a beacon light. You should have plenty of strobe light effects or red beacon light effects in your FSX/Effects folder to try.

Try the beacon light off of the default C-172.

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit

light.0 = 3, -3.49, -17.14, 2.52, fx_navredalabeo172

light.1 = 3, -3.45, 17.14, 2.52, fx_navgrealabeo172

light.2 = 1, -20.86, 0.00, 5.20, fx_beacon

light.3 = 4, -2.57, 0.00, 1.60, fx_A2A_J3CUB_vclight

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Have this plane and a few "old generation" Carenado's GA and a couple of them have

that very visible light.

... some kind of "subliminal" reminder to keep an eye on the battery and amps gauges... °°

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

The payware 'Suppresion Flight for FSX' (here at SimMarket) redoes the lights in FSX. It changes the size, and the intensity. You don't change light 'fx' files. It does it automatically. Just a tip. Might please you if you buy it. It did me. Oh, it works both for FS2004 and FSX.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

It looks like the rear white nav light, not a red beacon.

Cessna puts the red beacon on the front of the rudder, and the white nav light at the back.

You might try overwriting it in the config file with a smaller version and see if it masks.

You are for sure right about it being too big. Dunno what Carenado was thinking ....

That bright, white light on the rear of the tail is a non-flashing strobe light. In the default C-172 it's not even controlled by the strobe switch. I used the L key to turn on all lights.

c172.JPG

I'm still thinking it's part of the model.

If it's part of the model it will still need an effect file attached to it, it won't be listed in the aircraft.cfg but there will be an effect file for it in the FSX effects folder.

+1 absolutely! Only problem is if you find the right effect, what next? Delete it and no light? Unless you can break into the model code and assign another effect, you can't change it.

If it can be turned off, then maybe adding a strobe light with the correct positions and then choosing a less offensive strobe effect...possibilities??

Another couple of possibilities are to either edit the .fx file to change the light, or to edit the .bmp file in the \effects\texture folder associated with the particular effect you are concerned with.

There is a very good article in the ESP SDK, located HERE on "How-To" edit a .ffx file. It SEEMS complicated but it's not really all that bad. I am not a big effects guy, but even I understood most of it. Read down to the particle.0 section. Very good information, if your want to try editing the effect.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived