What's a short finale?

Short final means that you're on final approach just a short distance from the runway. As you may gather, it's not a precise term, and short final for a fast mover might be a long ways out for a Cessna, perhaps more a matter of a short time 'til touchdown, rather than distance. But basically, you're starting to think about breaking the descent, but not quite to that point yet.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

A short finale?

Good Night all! That's a short finale.

Farewell, Cleveland! Is another.

A finale is the end of something. A TV show, concert, song, some sort of event.

A short final is what Mr. Inuss said it is.

I hate to be a grammar nazi, but this one got me :D

Did give me a smile, though :P :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Short final means that you're on final approach just a short distance from the runway. As you may gather, it's not a precise term, and short final for a fast mover might be a long ways out for a Cessna, perhaps more a matter of a short time 'til touchdown, rather than distance. But basically, you're starting to think about breaking the descent, but not quite to that point yet.

Thanks!

A short final is what Mr. Inuss said it is.

I hate to be a grammar nazi, but this one got me :D

While you're at it, Pat, note that it's a lowercase L, not an uppercase I in my screen name.:D:cool::pilot:

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Larry. my deepest apologies!

My eye (yeah, singular) doesn't focus as well as it once did. I, again, apologize for the mistake :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Larry. my deepest apologies!

My eye (yeah, singular) doesn't focus as well as it once did. I, again, apologize for the mistake :)

Pat☺

You and Wiley Post...:pilot:

It's not a problem, Pat, and no apology needed -- the problem isn't your eye, as many folks make that mistake. It's the typeface they use to display this, which makes a lowercase L and an uppercase I look about the same (san serif). I mostly ignore it when people make that mistake, but just thought that I'd make note of it this time, as I do once or twice a year.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Archived