Engine reverse thrust.

gypsymoth

I have a few commercial jet aircraft with 'reverser_available= 1' in the aircraft cfg. How do I engage it?

I've looked in the assignements list but can't see anything there, and can't see anything on the panel to engage reverse thrust.

I'd be grateful for advice !

Thanks but that has no effect whatever.................umm...........?

As well as the reverser_available=1 entry under [TurbineEngineData], you'll also need min_throttle_limit = -0.25 under [GeneralEngineData]. Note the minus sign! As rainerk says, just press F2 or press and hold F2 to engage reverse thrust, then F1 to return to idle.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hello. This is what I have =

[TurbineEngineData]

fuel_flow_gain = 0.002

inlet_area = 19.6

rated_N2_rpm = 24750

static_thrust = 21600

afterburner_available = 0

reverser_available = 1

min_throttle_limit = -0.25

Pressing F2 produces no effect. Speed isn't noticeably reduced & the engine note doesn't change, neither when F1 is pressed............?

If there's no reverser sound effect in the sound.cfg you won't hear anything, and if the panel's throttle gauge doesn't allow for a reverse setting it won't work at all. I've recently altered one which had a fuel cutoff setting instead of reverse thrust. Which aircraft are you testing this on? Try holding F2 down in the default b737 first to compare.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The parameter "min_throttle_limit" is more or less "maximum reverse thrust". I invite you to set it to -0.95 and then try pressing F1 *first*; and then F2 *many* times. If you do this while the plane is stationary with the brakes off, and everything is working, it should start to roll backwards at a fair clip.

Also worth while trying is to have a Spot Plane view enabled at the same time, so you can look at the engines to see if the model deploys reverse thrust components in the engines (it may or may not). And you should have engine instruments visible to make sure that all the values increase as you repeatedly press F2. Finally, may also be worthwhile to enable a view of the Throttle Quadrant (it may have some other name) to see what is happening.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Hi,

You can also search in the library for a "Automatic spoilers and reverse" activation

This will activate automatically (when armed) the reverse and ground spoilers provided you made ground contact with the noze wheel

I use it with no problems

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

Hi,

AVSIM

Airspeed Reduction Monitor (ARM) ZipDive! Download

Other files which are related to, or may be required by, this file:

Airspeed Reduction Monitor (ARM) (Download #82736)

Airspeed Reduction Monitor (ARM) UPDATE! (Download #82781)

File Description:

FS2004 Gauge: Airspeed Reduction Monitor(ARM).

This small, fully animated gauge arms the spoilers and reverse thrusters so both deploy upon landing. The gauge does not extend spoilers or activate reverse thrusters until the nose wheel is safely on the runway. This overcomes the pitch-up tendency in some jets caused when the spoilers deploy as soon as the main gear touches down. As IAS decreases to preset limits, r/thrusters auto-deactivate followed later by spoiler retraction. By Glenn Copeland

Filename: arm_1.zip

License: Freeware

Added: 14th March 2006, 16:35:46

Downloads: 4313

Author: Glenn Copeland

Size: 110kb

Note :

It's easy to modify the CAB for apply to 4 engines

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

Hello. This is what I have =

[TurbineEngineData]

fuel_flow_gain = 0.002

inlet_area = 19.6

rated_N2_rpm = 24750

static_thrust = 21600

afterburner_available = 0

reverser_available = 1

min_throttle_limit = -0.25

As may have been mentioned, the line reverser_available = 1 is in the correct section. HOWEVER, the line min_throttle_limit = -0.25 belongs under the [GeneralEngineData] section, not the [TurbineEngineData] section.

Just use cut-n-paste to move it. Remember to always make a back-up copy of any file before you edit it!

For reversers, make sure the Aurothrottle in the AP is OFF before you try to engage them. Hit F1 once the mains touch, get the nose down, THEN hit F2 repeatedly until your speed is about 60 kts, then F1 to disengage. Same procedure works for some turboprops as well.

Does this help?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thank you everone for your suggestions & help. I redited the appropriate files & added min-throttle to [GeneralEngineData] & removed it from [TurbineEngineData].

Thanks for the mention of the talented Glenn Copeland & the Arm_1 gauge which I added to my Mike Stone 737-800 test bed - that really does the trick....now those engines roar on touch-down! I'll add it to others that can use it tomorrow.

I'm grateful for all your input,

Cheers,

Terry W.

Archived