FSX DirectX10 fixer

TreborHG_93

I would like to use the previewdirectx10 feature in fsx since I hear people say it improves fps. I have used it before but have had issues with it with flickering airport markings and invisible progressive taxi markings. I cannot afford the paid version, but I would like to know from those who may have it, does the free version of this patch fix all the problems with previewdirectx10?

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=DX10+shader&CatID=root

also, how do I download and install this mod into my game?

I don't know about the free version of Steve's DXfixer as I use the paid version but it should do the job. Yes it fix a lot of visual effects.

I had to get it to basicly fix black textures(street lights & pylons) when I did reinstall FSX and my ORBX stuff on a new dedicated SSD. It fixed the "square" lights halo, glass & skin reflection and, wow, cockpit shadows. Amazing software. It scan your libraries and, if needed, ask your permission to convert the necessary files. I still have a few square halo lights(beacon, towers) on "old generation" planes and airports but, nothing's perfect on a 10 years old FSX.

And, in my case, yes DX10 preview give me better fps but it seems depending of PC rigs.

i7-4790K (16g) - Gigabyte Z97X(G5)/Asus GTX970OC - AsusVK278Q/Win7 Ult(64) on SamsungPro SSD240/FSX Gold+Accel on SamsungPro SSD120/Saitek yoke/rudder/rad-nav/multi/switch panels/Logitech G13Pad/Track IR 5/GMap on Samsung Tab

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

thanks for your response. I would still like to know if the fixes you mentioned for the paid version apply to the free version as well when it comes to the dx10 preview bugs. I also see that the install contains extra folders called "dark background texture" "dx10 lights release 2.0" and "waterv1.0.0". I can't understand what any of these are for or whether is best for me to use them or not.

Sorry I'm not a very tech guy

The fixes that you find for free are each covering different issues. You will have to plough through the descriptions and find out which one you require and which you don't.

The main part of the first paid version was to put all these fixes together into one package with a GUI. But that was three or four years ago, and the free fixes have never been updated since then. So no, the free fixes don't have the same level of sophistication/coverage/functionality. Instead Steve has been advancing his paid program steadily, constantly improving the "fixing capabilities".

I just looked at the download using your link. Here's what it fixes:

1) Flashing runways/taxiways

2) Yellow/white runway markings transparency

3) Opaque chain fences

4) Progressive Taxi markings missing

5) Missing night scenery/semi-transparent dusk scenery (often misdescribed as missing night textures)

6) Some addon cars with black headlights

7) Softer VC shadow

8) Eliminates false sun on VC roof and side wall

If these are the things that you need fixed while using the DX10 preview, then I would at least give it a try! I don't have the DX10 option in my Sim but I'll download the fix and see what needs to go where.

Looks like running a couple of BATCH files. Big emphasis on computer users. I can see why you may be uncomfortable doing this! Maybe get a computer-savy friend to help out? I would hate to see how difficult the payware version of this is! :eek:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I would hate to see how difficult the payware version of this is! :eek:

The paid version has a graphical user interface. You basically have to press three buttons in sequence and you are done. On top of that there are many pages with checkboxes to influence what the fixer does. The latest addition were cloud shadows (but that seems to be a separate purchase).

Archived