Would you risk it?

ColR1948

Keep your head down ColR, BAe are testing a pilotless Jetstream 31 at Warton:

http://newatlas.com/autonomous-uav-jetstream-bae-systems/46943/

PS: Premaircraft do a very nice Jetstream 31 for FS2004, hint-hint...

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Ha Ha, yes they have been on to me trying to pick my brains lol, didn't get them anywhere though.

Looks like I beat them to it, and my aircraft is a success, it hasn't crashed once. :)

I already have the Jetstream 31 I'll have a look and see if I can do it.

Thanks ColR, I didn't know it already existed - and thanks for the offer too! The JS31 has been a little project of mine for some time now, I might post some pics later.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

@ tiger, I downloaded the Jetstream and got it flying mate, I am using the call sign 'TESTER' I did a quick search but couldn't find what it was using, plus I also wondered how ATC called it and how did it answer with it being pilotless?

I know it has a couple on board in case things go tits up but do they use the radio in flight I wonder?

BAE Jetstream 31 Testbed in flight.jpg

Col, I've just installed it too - I'm not using a callsign though, just the registration:

atc_id=G-BWWW

Apparently it was previously owned by Distillers, hence the 'triple whisky' registration!

There are indeed two pilots on board, who handle the take-offs and landings on test flights between Warton and Inverness, so they'll probably talk to ATC themselves - for now! If this technology becomes viable and the AI takes over, callsigns will probably become as redundant as pilots, and be replaced by an IP Address or something.

BAe's December press release has more details:

http://www.baesystems.com/en/article/engineers-begin-next-phase-of-unmanned-aircraft-technologies-trials-in-flying-testbed

Would you risk it, a real AI aircraft piloted by Synthetic Humans (Robots), to be technical they are anthropomorphic robots.

Based on the TV series Humans.

I used Viktor Schacht's AI LET-410 for the repaint.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]195907[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]195908[/ATTACH]

I remember once I flew with a stewardess who wore a glider pin on her vest. It was a long time ago, around 1990. I felt much better knowing that she was on board.

I just saw "Sully". No, I don't think I would want to fly with a computer controlling the a/c. The thermostat, yes, and maybe helping with the autopilot and automating things the biological pilot supervises (called 'flying on top of the autopilot'). But that's all.

Sean

'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

On a side issue I wonder why the screenshots were not moved lol?

As explained before, these shots were used to help explain or emphasize your original post. These were not just "Looky what I repainted!"

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived