Same newbie, new question

Hi guys. I could use some help.

I purchased what i taught was a "gamer PC" Brand new from a local tech shop.

They assured me that this combo would work my Flight sim X. Well, I'm having serious issues.

Yesterday and the day before, I loaded the two disc's and tryed to play a free flight to see the "wow" moment I was promised.

Let me tell ya!

First attemp didn't work. I couldn't even run the FSX program. When prompted that fsx had encountered a problem and had to shut down, I tryed to recover it. No such thing. Not even a short cut on the desc top. Nothing. Turned out I had to uninstall.

The next day I tryed again. same result. I flew for 15 or so seconds, blurry immages, blurry plane, and SAME ERROR message and FSX shut down. couldn't retrieve it.

My set up is Brand new: Intel i-5-6400 quad core 2.7 MHZ/ 3.30 Clocked.

1 terrabide hard drive

8 Gig Kingston black furry ram

Nvidia GeForce 610 GPU with 1 Gig DDR3 running at 64 bits. all that is running on a brand new mother board "ASUS" 64 bit operating system.

I'm running on Windows 10.

So now my question? Did I buy crap?

Seriously, though. Am i doing something wrong? I would like to try re-installing this FSX one more time, but I taught maybe there is something \i need to do before.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Keep in mind, I'm a mechanic by trade, computers comes second for me. I'm not fully knowlegeable. (still very green behind the ears)

Thanks

Jay

You should install the two service packs as well.

Service Pack 1:

https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FlightSimulatorXServicePack1.aspx

Service Pack 2:

https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FlightSimulatorXServicePack2.aspx

If you get the error again, write down the exact message, or take a screenshot, and report it here. It's hard to give any more help without any details.

As for the computer, while it does meet the minimum requirements, it is still on the low end for FSX. A better PC would have an Intel i5 or i7 processor running at 3.5GHz or better, and a midrange or higher GPU, such as a GeForce 750 Ti at a minimum. The GeForce 610 GPU in your PC is good for basic gaming and watching videos, but was never aimed at running anything remotely demanding. Having said that, the sim should run reasonably well if you keep the settings down. There is a guide pinned at the top of the FSX forum that can help you set up the sim on your PC.

It's true that there are much faster PC setups around these days but your specs are still better than when fsx was released so it should run fine on mid settings. I run an i5 at 3.4 clock speed with a Geforce 8800 gtx on mid to high settings and whilst the framerate drops off a bit in dense areas on the whole it's pretty smooth.

Get those service packs installed and come back to us.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I have downloaded the Microsoft flight simulator "deluxe edition" along with SP1 and SP2 last night after uninstalling the previous 2 attempts.

Everything is there in C:/program files(x86)/Microsoft games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/etc...

When I open FSX I can see all the files one next to the other.

One file is called "activate" when i go to open it, it goes to a message warning me;

it says (DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS APP TO MAKE CHANGES TO THIS DEVICE)

I choose yes, and NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not lunch the game. I can not find any short cut to "run" or "play" FSX

This is starting to challenge me a little bit more than I was prepared to deal with.

Please guys, If there is a way to retreive and start the game from window's 10 desc top, please let me know the procedures.

This computer is Brand spanking new, nothing in it but FSX. Should be something I can do?

Thanks again

Jay

The file you need to find is fsx.exe. Although I am surprised it didn't create a shortcut for you in your desktop when you installed the game. Many people say that you shouldn't have installed it into program files (x86) as it can create windows permissions issues although mine is installed there and I have never had a problem.

Thanks Stinger. That is exactly where I found it. I was able to finish my install and afterward create a short cut to my desc top.

I'm planning on taking a couple circuits with the cessna tonight and I'll report how every thing went tommorow.

Thanks for the help guys.

Jay!

PS: If I were to look for scenery downloads, would this link: be accetable : https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4708/

Thanks for your help again

Many, if not most, of the sceneries in this site's library, along with the libraries of Avsim, Simviation, Sim Outhouse, and so, can be found HERE. I find it to be a great reference site when looking for scenery. A particular one, or a general area.

Hope that helps a little...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

OK, I'm flying.

I'm happy to report that I was able to do several circuits around my local airport yesterday evening and everything went smoothly.

Now, If I need to change to another part of the forum, please let me know. But I would like to tweek the scenery a little. Some have made suggestions, but I'm dum I guess. I live in the outskirt of Ottawa, Ontario. So maybe if someone could point me in the right direction as to where I can get that kind of scenery, and there is a huge river (Ottawa river) I use as VFR on most of my flights, so addon for water ways would be very nice also.

Thanks again for all your help so far guys.

Jay

For the scenery of Ottawa, the city, the river, several easter eggs, etc, I found THIS in the library here on Flightsim. Just typed in Ottawa, and selected the heading FSX. 20 different sceneries were returned by the search.

Try it, you will be amazed what you can find in our library here alone.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

OK I got the (huge) files for the Ottawa area. Now. Where do I put them in FSX? Which file, and do I remove anything.

IE: Am I replacing a file, or do I simply put in the add-on into that file?

Thanks again guys, (I'm using windows 10)

Jay

Most downloads have a file called readme in with the package. In which will be the installation instructions hopefully! Some have auto installers but many are a case of copying the folders to the right place and then most times you will need to activate the scenery inside FSX using the scenery settings. Best look for that readme first though.

Cheers

Stinger

OK, I got a new problem.

1 time last evening, and 3 times this morning. I'm flying along with the a2a piper cub with the famous Heidi. all 4 times the FSX had to close program midway into a flight.

The message is this: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR HAS STOPPED WORKING

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Course, no solution.

I took the complete package of my new PC to the local shop for him to look into this crash. He called me back after what he says was 45 minutes of running. I asked him to tax this game and try and crash the program so we can figure this out.

Mean while, He asked me to comfirm on this forum. Is it because I am operating windows 10 that this is happening?

(PS: I'm also gonna upgrade my video card to DDR5)

Anyways, if yous could shoot a few possibilities this way, I'd appreciate again.

I'm old school, and my IT tech is New school. I need to tell him something.

Thanks

Jay

No, Win 10 is not the problem. Many , including me run Win 10 fine with FSX.

First stop is to make sure your settings are not too high.

If it still does it after dropping your settings do a search of the main FSX forum for uiautomationcore.dll. It is likely that you need to download and install a different version.

If you still have the problem after that it is probably going to be something else on your PC cutting in to do an update or whatever. I had this problem with some printer software. I now run FSX offline and I disabled my printer software and not had an FSX program crash since.

Not easy as there can be many things that can cause this. Try my suggestions and then do a forum search for system crashes.

Good luck

Stinger

OK, I got my new (updated video card) PC back. I purchased a NVidia GEFORCE GTX 1050 2GGB, DDR5

At first I was exited, since that made a diffefence in the images. BUT this exitement was short lived.

I lost Heidi. I had purchased the A2A piper Cub program, and updates. I had Her working fine on my old computer (windows 7) but on my new computer (windows 10) she is awol.

When I push on shift+3 or shift+4 where the tie-down page and the load management page should be, I see a very faint square and it dissapears right a way. in the menue bar above, same problem, the page is non existant. I select it ok, but no option screen appears. I need to point out that I tryed de-installing and re-installing with no success. THE PLANE works 100% fine. Just no Interactive passenger.

I'm probably in the wrong thread for this, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very very gratefull. I liked to make her scream. LOL

Jay

Yes, it might be worth starting a new thread so people who perhaps have had the same problem can read the thread header and see your new problem. I don't have this aircraft but my first thought is a gpu driver issue. Check you have the latest for your card. As it's a fairly new one there will be regular updates for it I would think.

Good luck

Stinger

Archived