FS9 Experimental C152

flyer8

When testing experimental aircraft, I like flying out of KBNG Banning. It's one stop to the Fuelr fix and Fuelr, is a direct approach to KLAX runway 25L. I like using 25L because it's long, has a glide slope if needed, and it's pretty much flat for the last 15 miles to the runway. Also and every once in a while, it produces some nice screen shots!

This particular Carenado model was factory delivered in an unstable flight condition. It was hard to keep straight and level and had a tendency to fly an uncontrolled decent into the ground.

I'm kind of glad it was delivered in that condition as it gave me the chance to continue honing my A&P skills. Been working on the airplane for a while now, and am about halfway done. Here are some of the changes completed so far...

Fuel: Added the fuel switch from the default Cessna 172

Pitot: Added a pitot heat on/off switch

RMI: The RMI is now slaved to the DG

CDI: Using the Carenado C182Q VOR1

DME: Using the Carenado C182Q DME

GPS: Using the default GPS 500

Timer: Added a Davtron Chronometer (M803 v8 by Pierre Fasseaux)

Attitude: Using the Carenado C182RG attitude indicator

Sim Icons: Removed the existing sim icons

Click Spots: Added custom click spots

Parking Break: Added a "Pull" label to the 2D panel

Parking Break: Swapped the "on" and "off" knob image names in xml

Panel Light Knob: Slaved to the "Dome Light" switch and vice-versa

Whiskey Compass: Added a whiskey compass panel

2D Panel: Some minor clean-up (prep-work)

Placard: Added a call sign placard

Also and very important...

I used "Cloudy's Tips Fixing Bugs" for the instability and performance issues

http://cloudy.braybaroque.ie/cloudy_tips/tips.htm#C152

This aircraft is a work in progress and there's still plenty to do. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the work so far, and the screen shots!

Best Regards,

Mark

KBNG Rolling

001 KBNG Rolling.jpg

Mt San Jacinto

002 Mt San Jacinto.jpg

Beaumont Airspace

003 Beaumont Airspace.jpg

Moreno Valley

004 Moreno Valley.jpg

March (No Myth)

005 March (No Myth).jpg

Santiago Peak

006 Santiago Peak.jpg

Mt Baldy

007 Mt Baldy.jpg

U-Boat

008 U-Boat.jpg

25L Short Final - 2D

009 25L Short Final - 2D.jpg

25L Short Final - VC

010 25L Short Final - VC.jpg

Edit: Need a proof reader!

Great shots! :)

I have come to love this little plane, and enjoy flying it very much. Feels like you strap it on like a backpack, and go. Would like to find some alternative panels for it, though. I like the mods you have made to it. I fly primarily in the VC, so I am limited as to what I can swap/add.

Thank you very much for the link to the performance tweaks. Can't wait to work on that! :)

Neil :cool:

Really beautiful shots of the C152 in FS9 around the KLAX area.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

• 2 weeks later...
Absolutely fantastic work on this little gem, and also on the images. Beautiful scenery, airplane and pictures! Glenn

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Archived