programming buttons, rocker, and trigger - Thrustmaster HOTAS 4

FreeFlier

Hi. all,

Any ideas or concensus on how to do the title.

I'm flying props and helis, using outside and from the rear view, but would like to learn to fly "from the cockpit".

I am an RC builder and flyer and have used my old RC transmitters and the keyboard to control models in RC simulators and FSX for many years. I'd like to add large jets now and sure could use some ideas on what to do with all these buttons.

Yes, I realize this is a P3D forum, but also know that some connections exist between the sims, and hope I'm not out of line with this post.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The most important (to me) assignments I make on my stick are gear, flaps, brakes, spoilers and view changes of various sorts, the main idea being to minimize the use of the keyboard/mouse, especially during TO/L and pattern work, but other times too when I can.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hi. all,

Any ideas or concensus on how to do the title.

I'm flying props and helis, using outside and from the rear view, but would like to learn to fly "from the cockpit".

I am an RC builder and flyer and have used my old RC transmitters and the keyboard to control models in RC simulators and FSX for many years. I'd like to add large jets now and sure could use some ideas on what to do with all these buttons.

Yes, I realize this is a P3D forum, but also know that some connections exist between the sims, and hope I'm not out of line with this post.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

P3D contains a full calibration and assignment capability. Why would you NOT use that?

If you want specific advice about assignments, then it's entirely dependent on how, what, where and when you fly.

FWIW on mine I have the front hat switch mapped to the same view function as the coolie hat on my joystick (view), the button on the front side of the lever for ATC window open/close; the right side hat switch to speedbrake on/off (completely useless for helos, so you see why its very user-specific), the square switch for gear up/down, on the left the toggle switch is used for parking brake on /off (pulled rearward) and yaw damper on/off (forward).

But using FSUIPC you can have innumerable different functions for the switches and buttons, on a per-aircraft basis.

The only solid advice is this: DONT use the default setup software.

Archived