GPS on standard planes not working

BartZiemski

Hi,

I just noticed that flight plan function on GPS units on all my standard FSX-SE planes is not working. Both G500 and G1000. When I click flight plan direct to window appears and there is no way to create a flight plan. Pay ware planes seem to work.

Is there a fix?

PS. Sorry about the typo on the subject line. oj = on

Bart

When clicking "Flight Plan" on the default GPS, I think it only displays what has been created. I don't think a new plan can be created using the GPS. Default equipment is limited on what it can handle.

I think I'll stick to oj out of the fridge!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

OK, Zippy incorrect, as usual, on this! I did manage to screw around with the GPS and created a new destination (Flight Plan) using the GPS 500. Can I remember the steps?? Heck no! Here is a video to refresh your memory!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

If I have no flight plan loaded before starting the flight this is what I get once FPL is pressed on the GPS. Inner and outer knobs do nothing. Same for the cursor (middle) button. Same thing happens on G1000.

Direct-to works with the inner and outer knobs. Only FPL page is broken.

GPS.jpg

Bart

You cannot create a flight plan in the standard GPS

You can create a Direct-to in the standard GPS

You can create a flight plan in the standard flight plan format and have it loaded in the sim when launched

There are addon GPS replacements that allow direct entry of the flight plan (e.g. Reality XP)

Perhaps that's where the confusion lies.

I looked at GTN 750. Apparently it hasn't got VNAV. I am not sure if that's the case in real life or the Flight1 unit is simplified but in any case seems quite expensive. I like to use VNAV in longer flights. Phenom 300 with navigraph addon works quite well in that respect. Although GTN has custom checklists the checklists in Phenom 300 are also superb.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Bart

I looked at GTN 750. Apparently it hasn't got VNAV. I am not sure if that's the case in real life or the Flight1 unit is simplified but in any case seems quite expensive. I like to use VNAV in longer flights. Phenom 300 with navigraph addon works quite well in that respect. Although GTN has custom checklists the checklists in Phenom 300 are also superb.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about VNAV for GTN but I think it cannot perform. By the way, it has the required vertical speed calculator in its function and you'll get vertical guidance on the GPS side when you're on a GPS approach that provides vertical guidance (LPV, LNAV+V), and on the radio side when you're on a glideslope.*

Hope this help.

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about VNAV for GTN but I think it cannot perform. By the way, it has the required vertical speed calculator in its function and you'll get vertical guidance on the GPS side when you're on a GPS approach that provides vertical guidance (LPV, LNAV+V), and on the radio side when you're on a glideslope.*

Hope this help.

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

Don't see the logic? If you have never used addon GPS then you have never had VNAV capability anyway, and the default GPS ALSO has the vertical speed advisory, and always has had.

Archived