Business jet recommendations?

BartZiemski

Hi All,

In my hangar:

Eaglesoft Citaion X: Fast and very good range but rather dated plane. Superb support from Ron

Flight1 Mustang: Excellent plane. Modern and properly well modeled. But the range unfortunately only good for city hopping

I am looking for a payware long range business jet (2000nm+) for FSX-SE. Perhaps Wilco Embraer Legacy 600 but apparently Wilco VC's are not that good.

Any recommendation?

Thank you.

Bart

[edit] Carenado EMB505 PHENOM 300 HD SERIES looks good.

Bart

`Systemology` on Carenado flawed and never fixed by patches. If you go with Navigraph extension it adds to the flaws, and kills fps.

Pretty as a picture - best left for screenshots not flying. OK as a bargain basement purchase.

There's a really good Learjet 25 from Xtreme Prototypes.

Hi All,

In my hangar:

Eaglesoft Citaion X: Fast and very good range but rather dated plane. Superb support from Ron

Flight1 Mustang: Excellent plane. Modern and properly well modeled. But the range unfortunately only good for city hopping

I am looking for a payware long range business jet (2000nm+) for FSX-SE. Perhaps Wilco Embraer Legacy 600 but apparently Wilco VC's are not that good.

Any recommendation?

Thank you.

Bart

[edit] Carenado EMB505 PHENOM 300 HD SERIES looks good.

Stay away from the Wilco Legacy. I mean far, far away. It's an FS9 port over, and is riddled with bugs that were not/will never be fixed.

Starting with a black windscreen from the VC view, and ending with fatal errors upon exiting FSX.

It is a real POS.

I have Carenado's Hawker 850 and it's a real beauty. (But you said you're looking for long range a/c. )

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

+1 for Carenado Hawker 850
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

IRIS just offered the Pilatus PC 24. Since it just came out today there isn't any feedback on it yet. But the specs seem to fill your need for something that has a pretty good range at around 2200 miles. I DID look at the ad and also like the fact that they provide their PDF Manual for the -24. Be worth a look anyway.

Bill

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Airspeed, altitude and ideas, bad to run out of all three at the same time

Thanks for the comments. Hawker 850 seems to have a range of 2600nm according to Wikipedia (if it can be trusted) . That looks ok. I'm a fan of Carenado, I have the King Air C90 and it's excellent. So the hawker might be a good option. But looking at the Carenado site it might not be SE version.

PC24 has even better range and similar to Carenado Phenom 300. But I'm completely unfamiliar with IRIS

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Bart

Carenado makes a Steam edition Hawker I believe.

After checking, all I saw was FSX and P3D versions. I would contact Carenado customer support to see if installing into Steam is possible before spending $50.00

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Got the reply to my question if Hawker will work on SE:

Yes it is, you must change the installation path with the browse button instead of selecting any simulator option.

Somehow I am still nervous since all other Carenado planes state specifically their compatibility. But there seems to be nothing to worry about now.

Does the Hawker 850 come with G1000?

How does it compare to Phenom 300?

Bart

• 3 weeks later...
Is anyone familiar with Just Flight Hawker 800XP? It's a lot cheaper then Carenado 850 XP

Yes. I have it. It's not bad, but the cabin interior is a little cartoony. Although, the toilet seat opens and closes, lol!

No 2D panel; just virtual. And there is a fix for the darkened windows. But it's easy to fly, and the FMC is easy to program.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Although, the toilet seat opens and closes, lol!

Probably took a programmer a couple days to animate that. Qualitywings was going to incorporate a cabin interior in their B787. Then everybody told them to not waste time on it and it got shelved. Hopefully it will be out soon.

BTW, don't forget to close the toilet seat so you don't make the female passengers mad :)

Yes. I have it. It's not bad, but the cabin interior is a little cartoony. Although, the toilet seat opens and closes, lol!

No 2D panel; just virtual. And there is a fix for the darkened windows. But it's easy to fly, and the FMC is easy to program.

To be honest I prefer a bit more difficult planes but the 800 sounds nice. Working FMS for that price is very good. Toilet seat funny

Bart

To be honest I prefer a bit more difficult planes but the 800 sounds nice. Working FMS for that price is very good. Toilet seat funny

Both are nice. But the Carenado is my choice now. Still easy to fly and the cabin is just outstanding..

IRIS just offered the Pilatus PC 24. Since it just came out today there isn't any feedback on it yet. But the specs seem to fill your need for something that has a pretty good range at around 2200 miles. I DID look at the ad and also like the fact that they provide their PDF Manual for the -24. Be worth a look anyway.

Bill

Looking at some pics, it appears they're using a huge GNS-530 for the MFD. Surely they can do better than that.

Archived