FSX Unable to download real-world weather????

farhan3201

Hi, I don't know why, but for some reason, FSX isn't downloading real world weather anymore for me. It says "An error occurred while downloading Real-World Weather. Please check your Internet connection and configuration and try again." I have no idea why, I even turned off my firewall and security, and the problem still persists. The funny thing is that it was working fine just yesterday, and even before that! Please help! I'm on 32-Bit Windows XP.

From time to time, the weather stations go out, and FSX is unable to retrieve the weather info. Usually it's only temporary.
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I have this issue on my computer, I cant download ANY real world weather at any time. I dont know if the port is blocked or what?? But, It really frustrated me because it meant that I couldnt fly on any multiplayer server that was running real world weather.

After looking online for time and time again, I came across some remote, unknown website that I have never heard of before, and they have a program called "GetWeather". It basically installs the same Jeppesen weather data so real world weather works again and I can connect to servers running it! Just thought I should throw that out there

17" 1920x1080 Laptop Display | Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (FSX) | NVIDIA GTX 860M (P3D v4) | Intel® Core i7-4810MQ CPU @2.80GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have this issue on my computer, I cant download ANY real world weather at any time. I dont know if the port is blocked or what?? But, It really frustrated me because it meant that I couldnt fly on any multiplayer server that was running real world weather.

After looking online for time and time again, I came across some remote, unknown website that I have never heard of before, and they have a program called "GetWeather". It basically installs the same Jeppesen weather data so real world weather works again and I can connect to servers running it! Just thought I should throw that out there

Good Comment! :cool: I was not aware of that resource. Like most, I just adapt when Jeppesen is off the air.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I just use FSRealWX or FSRealWX Lite.

They work great for me, and are free too :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

OK, I thought Jeppesen weather was completely 'off the air'?

Or was it and back? Or is it OFF just for FS9?

I use FSRealWX lite also.

Thanks.

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150 PNY GeForce GTX 780 3072MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video

Gigabit Z97 Gaming 3 LGA 1150 ATX Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600

SanDisk 128GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State

Archived