Virtualcol DHC-3 Otter Users - Opinions?

Qballbandit

Hello,

I saw this plane, and since I have a great fondness for the Beaver and Otter, decided to purchase it. I fly them primarily just as "water" carriers, and think they look just great from the exterior.

I am a bit shocked that in the 3D cockpit, you see the red rotating beacon light flashing throughout the entire interior...what the....?

In my opinion, the non-turbo sounds are not prototypical. Been in, and around enough of them to recognize they lack any low end, throaty sound at all.

The flight dynamics are horrible, unless I am completely off my nut. The plane sits too nose low, especially during water taxi. The plane rockets skyward upon take-off, and I have to have the throttle and prop levers way too low to get past over-speed warnings.

Has anyone who uses this plane experienced similar conditions which were corrected by edits/fixes? If so, would you be willing to help me with the necessary tweaks? Are there updates available for the FS9 version? I am having problems finding their website at the moment (bought it through simmarket).

Thanks very much :)

Neil :cool:

Hi Neil, I don't have the DHC-3 but I did buy their Jetstream 31 last year and that was a fixer-upper too - there is an update for the DHC-3 on their website though, maybe it'll fix these issues for you:

https://www.virtualcol.com/v.php

Edit: The update is for the FSX/P3D version and was released last year - Sorry about that!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived