FSX: A2A vs. Carenado

I have never purchased ANY sort of payware and I more like to try finding freeware that is payware quality.

In FSX, I'm a BIG time General Aviation Pilot and I know A2A and Carenado have the nicest and best quality GA planes currently available for FSX.

When I do eventually buy my first couple of payware planes, I want to know which has better quality.

Thanks!

Happy Flying!:pilot:;)

IMHO you cannot compare the two. The planes I own from both companies are a big part of my hangar. They are both unique in their own ways. One thing I would like to point out that distinguishes the two is the virtual maintenance. Carenado - zero. A2A - all the time. I say all the time only because that is what I learned to do. I got tired of taking off and having a aileron break or one of the hinges break on a flap. Or after the plane sits for a while you need to add an additive to the oil. I, myself, look for realism and that is attained with the A2A planes.

The Carenado - CT206H Stationair was the first payware plane I bought and it is still the plane that I fly the most. I have also the G1000 package to go along with it. The other one that I have by Carenado is the CT182T Skylane G1000 This plane is a good plane also.

So in closing let me just say that I am glad to own planes from both companies. Hope this helps.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Ok so then A2A wins over Carenado?

Ok

Have you ever owned either one? (Just curious):confused:

Yes. And I fly them in real life and run a `sim school` at our flying club where lots of the members also have the opportunity to make comparisons. Almost all only use Carenado planes for screenshots - members like to use them as computer backgrounds on laptops and Desktops.

We actually ONLY use A2A and Real Air aircraft for demos to would-be pilots or for pre-flying routes we are taking for real. For the `rainy day challenge` when real flying is grounded we also use advanced sim aircraft like PMDG and Majestic. There are occasional exceptions for fun - Classic Hangars 108 and SibWings Antonov AN-2, Quality Wings RJ/146 - that kind of thing.

No-one flies the Carenado aircraft for a `challenge` - except in frustration about how they get so little actually right, apart from the visuals.

Clear enough for you?

If you like GA twins, give the RealAir B60 Duke a serious look. Or if you want a souped up version go, with the Turbine Duke.

I have few Carenado's (Hawker H850XP, Centurion, Skymaster, B200, B58) also. But I have so much more fun with the RealAir Duke's (Got BOTH). I think there is no comparison to the RealAir interiors compared to the Carenados.

I also love the A2A P40 Warhawk and P51 Mustang military. With the Accusim add-ons they are annoyingly realistic.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I concur with the previous posters. A2A has the more accurate flying characteristics, Carenado the better prices and visual models. I have some of both, and have tweaked them all (panels and flight models) to more accurately fit my flying. You can do the same. You cannot go wrong with either brand. Good luck, OkBob

I have both

carenado - c208 EX, Malibu mirage, Phenom100/300.

A2A Military p51, P40 and just purchased the 250 commanche. All running with Accusim and accufeel. I enjoy the Carenado's , especially the c208ex for jungle flying in Pape new Guinea Orbx! but A2A are worth every penny..The Commanche is a revelation for reality simming.

A2A is the real experience

I personal like Carenado because of its wide verity of aircraft to choose and my first payware will probably be from them.

I'll probably get A2A when I'm confodent that I can virtually take care of on airplane.

I'm also gonna get the MilViz Cessna 310 because my uncle owns a 310A in the real-world and once its restored we'll start flying it again and I'll be using his 310A for my mulit-engine rating and would like to know basically what a 310 is like flying.

I already have Rob Richardson's 310B and 310Q but the textures are transparent because its made for FSX SP1/SP2 and i dont have SP1/SP2.

So A2A is for realistic detail. And Carenado has a vast verity of beautiful looking planes.

Thanks guys for the info!

Happy Flying ;) :pilot:

One other thing to note about the A2A planes is that when purchasing make sure you make the right selection. A2A planes are not compatible in both FSX and P3d. So if your considering flying in both sims, choose wisely.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

I personal like Carenado because of its wide verity of aircraft to choose and my first payware will probably be from them.

I'll probably get A2A when I'm confodent that I can virtually take care of on airplane.

I'm also gonna get the MilViz Cessna 310 because my uncle owns a 310A in the real-world and once its restored we'll start flying it again and I'll be using his 310A for my mulit-engine rating and would like to know basically what a 310 is like flying.

I already have Rob Richardson's 310B and 310Q but the textures are transparent because its made for FSX SP1/SP2 and i dont have SP1/SP2.

So A2A is for realistic detail. And Carenado has a vast verity of beautiful looking planes.

Thanks guys for the info!

Happy Flying ;) :pilot:

The Milviz Cessna 310 has a reputation for very accurate flight dynamics, including single-engine operation (and it allows full feathering of the bad engine).

Both SP1 and SP2 are free downloads - see https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/ for more details. Many recent add-on aircraft need at least SP2 to run so getting it is a no-brainer (SP1 needs to be installed first).

I was gonna install SP1 and SP2 but it requires that you don't have any sort of addons intsalled on FSX an I already loaded my FSX with freeware planes and scenery.

I don't want ot run the risk of installing SP1/SP2 with my addons on and find out it screwed over my FSX.

Plus I lost my installation disk (We moved into an appartment 4-5 years ago and I packed all of our stuff and left majority of it at our relative's house. I know I probably lost the case but I could possibly still have the 2 disks in our boxes). My dad got me FSX when I was 8 so I didn't take care of the 2 disks very well.

The Milviz Cessna 310 has a reputation for very accurate flight dynamics, including single-engine operation (and it allows full feathering of the bad engine).

Yes even with the Rob Richardson 310B I was able to climb on one engine. Also with only 1 person loaded in the 310, it will climb like a rocket!

My uncle said when he use to fly his 310A, he said with 2 people in it, it climbs fast, with a high rate of climb. AKA, it climbed like a rocket as well.

The 310B I have in FSX though is very fun to fly because you can lose the engine and feather and still fly on 1 engine.

Although I recently limited the type of planes I fly in FSX because I want to add more realism and I only completed the FSX solo and Private Pilot Checkride (SUPER HARD).

Currently I allowed myself to fly single-engine non-complex prop aircraft including LSAs, and Ultralights. I also limited myself from fly rotorcraft as well.

Might sound silly but thats how I like to fly in FSX. :pilot:

The only 2 aircraft I fly mainly in FSX is the default Cessna 172SP and the Just Flight Freeware Cessna 152 (very fun trainer!)

Whenever I ever move on to another aircraft (like a Piper PA-28), I made myself an aircraft checkout-test flight list of things to test (steep turns, stalls, etc.) on the checkout flight to see if I can fly the plane safely and if it performs the manuavers correctly.

The next plane I plan on doing a check-out flight on is a freeware Piper PA-38 Tomahawk I got a while back but never gave it a thorough check-out.

Archived