New to FSX, need assistance...

KCD

Recently I purchased FSX SE and loaded it on my machine. After the initial shock of a few frame rate stutters, easily fixed by adjusting some sliders, I wanted to enhance it slightly. Went to ORBX and down loaded "FTXGLOBAL_NA_AIRPORTS". All I see in there is one airplane (one I don't really want) but no mention of any of the airports listed as being in the file. What have I missed? Would love some of the airports in the ORBX NA freeware list, but how? Thanks.

Hey Klee in their website there is a link that specifies all the NA airports in the package you've downloaded.

Just select where it says view Airports https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware/global

Do know that if you wish to install this package you wil need FTX Global Base Pack installed wich sadly isnt Free otherwise you may see some odd abnormalities in the freeware pack along with their other freeware Airports. .https://www.fullterrain.com/product/ftxglobal

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk.

Capture+_2016-06-27-07-32-12.png

Intel i7 2600 16GB RAM 4GB Nvidia GTX970....... Sim Platform FS2004-FSX

KLEE! Say it isn't so! You've been seduced by the Dark Side!

(just kidding, my friend...)

Alan :pilot: :p

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

I suggest purchasing FTX Global Basepack and Ftx Vector then installing their freeware Global airport pack along with the other freeware Airports.

+1! That will also provide you with better coverage in a lot of places you're not expecting it to.;)

BTW: Welcome to the bright side! :cool:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

• 3 weeks later...

Alan, Michael...

Gotta say, I still prefer the dark side! FSX sits quietly on the disk, doesn't get used, have added very little, and I think it will probably remain that way for a long, long time! FS2004 Rocks!!!

Alan, Michael...

Gotta say, I still prefer the dark side! FSX sits quietly on the disk, doesn't get used, have added very little, and I think it will probably remain that way for a long, long time! FS2004 Rocks!!!

No problem Klee! As they say, if everyone picked the same horse we'd not have races! ;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

FS2004 Rocks!!!

Although I've been Flying FSX more then I'm use to recently I agree FS2004 will never Die I still Prefer it over FSX Anytime. That being Said it is a shame that Some developers prefer to make new scenery for FSX over FS2004. :(

But of-course theirs MDC (Model Converter X) that with the Developers Permission most of the FSX Scenery can be converted to work in FS9.

Intel i7 2600 16GB RAM 4GB Nvidia GTX970....... Sim Platform FS2004-FSX

Archived