When it Absolutely Positively Has to be There Overnight

In this series of shots a hard working Federal Express 727-200F "Freight Dog" with a worn and scuffed livery sits on the tarmac at the main FedEx hub at Memphis, Tennessee (KMEM) in the late afternoon sun.

After getting loaded up it will be off on an overnight run manned by a flight crew whose flying philosophy is aptly summed up by the motto I once saw on the back of a FedEx captain's ball cap - "FEDEX - because packages don't bitch!" :D:D:D

FedEx has retired all of it's 727s so these shots would be from sometime in the late 90s. This is the excellent Captain Sim 727 for FSX along with the FSDreamteam KMEM scenery for FSX and P3D

[click on the images for a full screen view]

FE1.jpg

FE2.jpg

FE3.jpg

FE8.jpg

FE4.jpg

FE5.jpg

FE6.jpg

FE9.jpg

A favourite of mine too. Although most of the seating arrangements left me unable to lower the seat tray.

Not that I'm a giant at 6 ft. :confused: Either I have long legs or the airlines were too greedy. :mad:

Anyhow, great shots. I really like the soft edge effect. — Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Superb!! Being from Louisville I have to ask, do you have any in UPS paint?

When I think of 727s I always remember the famous skyjacker who parachuted off the rear ramp, when they still opened, and was never found!! (Or at least not that I've heard.) :eek:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Bill fabulous sunset pics you have here and perfect plane as well. It looks so real hard to believe it simming at it's finest, you keep topping your other ones. Kenny

By the way to answer Rupert question his name was DB Cooper in 1971, and he has never been found that I can tell.

Bill fabulous sunset pics you have here and perfect plane as well. It looks so real hard to believe it simming at it's finest, you keep topping your other ones. Kenny

By the way to answer Rupert question his name was DB Cooper in 1971, and he has never been found that I can tell.

Ah Yes! DB Cooper!! Now that's a question and name and that belongs on every aircraft trivia game!!

Superb!! Being from Louisville I have to ask, do you have any in UPS paint?

When I think of 727s I always remember the famous skyjacker who parachuted off the rear ramp, when they still opened, and was never found!! (Or at least not that I've heard.) :eek:

Guys - many thanks for looking and all the great comments + the memory of the famous DB Cooper affair. Did he get away with it? Who knows!

Rupert: Here's a UPS :)

ups.jpg

ups2.jpg

ups3.jpg

ups4.jpg

ups5.jpg

Guys - many thanks for looking and all the great comments + the memory of the famous DB Cooper affair. Did he get away with it? Who knows!

Rupert: Here's a UPS :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]190811[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]190813[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]190814[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]190815[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]190816[/ATTACH]

Now that's what my buddies working at the UPS World Port in Louisville like to see! :cool::cool:

Archived