Freezing problem at Uk2000 xtreme Belfast

ctatlow

I have UK2000's extreme Belfast (the boxed edition that comes with Newcastle airport) and it keeps causing my sim to freeze.

It can be at any point but happens most often when I have just departed the airport. Also I have to go straight to the airport via flight planner it is impossible to land into from somewhere else as it freezes every time I land on the runway.

Does anyone else have this problem and what could you recommend to do to remedy this.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Charlotte

P.s. the scenery is otherwise excellent and highly recommended.

Is this the only payware airport/area that does this? Have you tried anything like maybe turning off all AI aircraft and seeing if that has any affect on the area? Does it ever unfreeze and start going again?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

A lockup/freeze usually indicates a vid card/driver issue or memory problem. If you still hear the engine sound, and can vary it via throttle, it is probably the former.

The following usually result in CTDs, not lockups, but are something to consider.

If it is only with one aircraft you may have encountered a rare bug where a particular airplane and particular scenery just aren't compatible (there are several threads at FSDev regarding this ...unfortunately, no solutions).

If it is with any aircraft I would suspect two active navaids on the same frequency in the area, uncommon but not unknown when adding airports.

Thank you so much for your replies.

I have quite a bit of add-on scenery in the adjacent countries but none other than Belfast Aldergrove in Northern Ireland, nevertheless I have uninstalled each surrounding scenery and tested it each in turn with no positive result.

It doesn't unfreeze again, you can hear the engine sound still but you can't alter the throttle, it either eventually CTD or won't unfreeze then I have to restart the computer as the only other screen it will show is the Windows 8 home screen, the desktop is just a blank screen.

I started to get the Windows message about there being not enough memory and to do a disk cleanup, which I did only to still keep getting the same message. I internet searched this problem and was recommended to extend the virtual memory, which has solved the memory message but the freezing problem remains.

I doubt it is an overheat as there is only the sim running and the computer more than meets the requirements for running fs2004.

I have tried different aircraft but always get the same problem.

If I fly into Belfast then it freezes just as I approach the terminal and if I fly out of Belfast it freezes about twenty miles out of the airport.

Any more ideas are welcome, I am very grateful for your help.

Regards

Charlotte

If I fly into Belfast then it freezes just as I approach the terminal and if I fly out of Belfast it freezes about twenty miles out of the airport.

Hi Charlotte, this sounds like a missing or corrupt AI aircraft texture issue rather than a scenery problem. Have you tried Mr. Zippy's suggestion of switching your AI traffic off?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Would this be done by turning the traffic slider in settings down to 0%?

Or would an uninstall be better, I use Traffic 2004 disc?

Thanks

Charlotte

Charlotte, avoid any unnecessary uninstalling. Just set your AI traffic slider(s) to 0%

I tried turning off the AI traffic to no avail.

Then I found the solution by moving the 'default scenery' entry in the scenery library up to the highest priority, and it now works a dream, even my previously blurry ground textures are nice and clear. No more freezing up and the insufficient memory message that had returned seems to be gone for good. Scenery, payware and freeware displays fine.

I always thought default scenery entries should be at the lowest priority in the list, but this seems to work for me.

Thanks for all your help and happy flying.

Regards

Charlotte

I tried turning off the AI traffic to no avail.

Then I found the solution by moving the 'default scenery' entry in the scenery library up to the highest priority, and it now works a dream, even my previously blurry ground textures are nice and clear. No more freezing up and the insufficient memory message that had returned seems to be gone for good. Scenery, payware and freeware displays fine.

I always thought default scenery entries should be at the lowest priority in the list, but this seems to work for me.

Thanks for all your help and happy flying.

Regards

Charlotte

Hey, Charlotte, whatever works! Just like any good landing is a landing you can walk away from! Glad you got it going! :D

I always thought default scenery entries should be at the lowest priority in the list, but this seems to work for me....

There is probably one file in the new airport causing the problem; relayering makes the sim use a default file instead of the new file.

Archived