Impressed... with myself

KCD

Several weeks ago, I was asked to do a review for this web site. Never before had I done such a thing, and I was somewhat hesitant about it. However, eventually I agreed and wrote it. After sending it off, I waited and waited; nothing happened! Naturally, I forgot all about it.

This morning I noticed a new review posted to the home page, a review of the Carenado PA-34 Seneca II. I quickly read through it, then shuffled through a pile of old paperwork awaiting filing (probably in my circular file) and found the original draft of the review. What do you know; it was posted unchanged. I was both surprised and pleased.

I found the Carenado PA-34 for FS 2004 to be enjoyable, but not without significant issues. If you are considering this plane for any flight sim, give my review a look; it will set the stage for enjoying the plane should you decide to make the purchase.

You should know that I've been a flight sim enthusiast since the early days. This Carenado is my first ever pay ware airplane. I do have other pay ware planes, most of the Alpha plans after they became freeware, and the CLS Arrow II that became freeware, but no others. I prefer to support the authors who unselfishly give of their talent for the betterment of the hobby. This was an interesting experience, but one not soon to be repeated.

I hugely agree on one point! We who flight sim are a very very small portion of the software market. Regardless of the brand or model of aircraft or sim we enjoy, we need to support others' favorites as well.

All together we flight simmers are not the equal of even a minute or two of selfies being sent all over the world. Anyone willing to put the time, effort, and money into supporting us needs and deserves our gratitude!!;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Goodonya! I thought your review was balanced and well written, but a little brief - until I found the "Next Page" button obscurely framed in a little box down below!

I wish more folk would take the time...

There is a patch for the bobbing nose gear, get it from Carenado.

I have all the Carenado's, and I love them!

They are consistently beautiful, and all flawed in exactly the

same way.

But just like a Fiat, all the "deficiencies" can be fixed at home if you choose.

Well, after searching the Carenado site and the Internet in general, I can find no fix for the chattering nose wheel problem. I agree, the Carenado people pay considerable attention to eye candy; they make a very pretty bird. However, there are other issues that detract from their work. The lack of a good 2-D panel, a difficult Auto pilot, and the ever problimatical chattering nose wheel (I cannot fly this thing because of it) just to name a few.

Wing_z, if you have a fix, or know where to get one, or its title, please post it for all of us who suffer with nose h=wheel chatter.

Well, after searching the Carenado site and the Internet in general, I can find no fix for the chattering nose wheel problem.

Hi Klee, great review and nice work on the panel! There is a patch for the Seneca bouncing issue, it's in with a bunch of others on the Carenado Updates page: "Several FS2004 Aircraft - Bouncing Issues" about two-thirds down the list. Here's the link to the page: http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php?accion=update

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Klee:

Thanks for pointing out one of my pet peeves! I won't buy a plane unless it has a 2-D Panel!

The only way I can relate to flying a sim is from my personal RW experience. Which means I look out the windshield while operating the flight controls, which I'm not looking at. Looking out the windshield from several feet away and watching flight controls move reminds me of sitting in the jump-seat or flight engineer's seat.

Yes unless I have a HUD (Heads Up Display), I do have to change the view look down, to see the instruments, make radio changes, etc. on the dash. That's how I flew. That's probably how everyone else actually flies or drives their vehicle. You look down when you must.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I love a HUD, and I installed minipanel3, the best minipanel I've ever found. Some real nice HUD's out there too. I have a habit of adding a HUD and making sure it uses Minipanel3 in aircraft. Realistic? Not always, but hey, it's MY Sim, and MY time in it, I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can.

Rupert:

I do have to change the view look down, to see the instruments, make radio changes, etc. on the dash. That's how I flew. That's probably how everyone else actually flies or drives their vehicle. You look down when you must.

That describes the VC or 3D panel, not the 2D. In the 2D, most of the panel is right in front of you, and you have to "look down" by using pop-up windows. In the VC, you look down with the Hat Switch or other way to look around...

If you us the hat switch in the 2D panel, the panel stays in the same place relative to your view-point, and follows your view around.

Or did I miss the point, somewhere? I've been told I'm so dull, I have no point at all... :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hi, Tim... Nice to hear from you. Thanks for the name of the patch; I never would have seen that. I've already got it and am about to test it. Still loving the Arrow II, by the way, a big thank you for that and for this!

Thanks for your kind comments on the review, I appreciate it. Could you go to the home page and enter a comment at the end of the review for me, please? The more the merrier, you know.

Thanks again, my friend.

Archived