Kicked out of Paradise - Rabaul to Lae Papua New Guinea . . . . 1962

Peerhoven Airways Flight 177 is a Curtis C-46 on a 345 mile flight from Rabaul’s Lakunai airfield to Lae within Papua New Guinea (AYRB - AYLA). The weather is fair with light cloud cover. We will be cruising at an altitude of 12,000 feet.

Thanks to:

Aircraft: Curtis C-46. Original model & textures by Libardo Guzman, Greg Pepper, and Tom Gibson. “Pegasus” textures by Steve Klinebriel & Rory Thomson.

Propliner AI & Traffic: CalClassic & FS Aviator - Tom Gibson, Mike Stevens, Jason Krogmann, Manuel Jagmann, Bill Towers, Nikko Yaginuma, Richard Wright, Frederick Coleman, Dave Jones, Paul Haak, Marty Lochmiller, Ake Lindberg, Harland Sandberg, Richard Wright and Gary Harper. www.calclassic.com

Scenery: FS2004 v9.1 Standard and:

- Lakunai and Lae Airfields are from the 1962 Asia Pacific Scenery Package by Mike Stevens, Wolfgang Gersch, and Tom Gibson. Available at www.calclassic.com

- Rwy12 and EZ Static Object and Scenery Libraries.

- FS2004 Classic Scenery Libraries V4 by Wolfgang Gersch.

- REX FS9 w/Overdrive enhancements for sky, cloud, weather, water/waves, runway, taxiway textures, sun and runway lighting.

- Flight One Ground Environment Pro II.

- HDE 2.0 grass texture enhancement by Pablo Diaz.

Click to Enlarge . . . . . .

P-STAR_001.jpg Peerhoven2.jpg

Local Natives have just finished performing the “Goodbye and Good Riddance Ceremony" to honor a departing well-known noble airman by barbequing the last known Peerhoven pedigree chickens in existence.

P-STAR_002.jpg

Peerhoven Air Flight 177 a Curtis C-46 “Pegasus” at the gate of Lakunai Airfield (AYRB), near Rabaul to whisk His Excellency away to Lae, Papua New Guinea (AYLA).

P-STAR_003.jpg

“P-STAR” is in the air heading for Lae 345 miles away.

P-STAR_004.jpg

Halfway to Lae at FL120.

P-STAR_005.jpg

Touchdown on Rwy. 33 at Lae Airfield.

P-STAR_006.jpg

Inconspicuously parked at the gate and passengers disembarked. His Excellency heads to town to do some chicken, beer and cheese shopping.

Peerhoven.jpg

Larry

Great shots!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Folks,

What a cool old plane - fantastic shots... I remember watching Ice Pilots and them stating how poorly the plane handled on the ground - many were lost...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

HA! I like this VERY much, brings back great memories...;):D Good to see a Curtiss in the most beautiful livery EVER again.

Btw, about that bbq, last time I was there I had to run, they wanted me as their main dish, I only whistled to the daughter of the village chief. Was a near miss. Phew..:eek:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks David, Adam, Scott and Michael.

Klee His nibs' 8th cousin Felix von Peerhoven was the pilot, so no water landing, thankfully.

Jan, I don't know what you were drinking, but the village chief's daughter is totally ugly!

ugly.jpg

John B. there is another Peerhoven aircraft that still flies:

Click to enlarge:

fsscr014.jpg

Larry

Thanks Charl & Paul. Inconspicuous in the eyes of his Excellency is not always looked upon as inconspicuous. Also, The lack of elegance, grace and accomplished airmanship in the air is not representative of his capabilities on the ground and certainly not in the water! :p

Larry

That's NOT true you hear! :mad: the local general at Babalonia airport confiscated my plane for a little while, after a small arguement about an Avgas bill and some drinks in the local bar. :rolleyes: I'll solve it soon. Btw, can you send me some money, just for a local charity fund. Yes? there are a lot of poor children here!
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived