Project Airbus A320

idunno

Hi

I have recently decided to give FSX a try (having stretched FS9 as far as it can go for many years!).

Having installed without any problems on windows 7 64 bit OS and run a few free flights, I thought I would try to install my first jetliner. I chose the Project Airbus A320 as I have many of these in FS9.

2 immediate queries have already appeared:

1) The external lights are awful. They either do not appear whatsoever, or the nav lights only appear from certain angles and the beacon is barely visible, even at night.

2) The VC cockpit autopilot has no use whatsoever. There are no buttons to select header or altitude, hence I cannot tell the aircraft how high to climb or where to go.

I am not a novice, I have been altering and messing around with aircraft in FS9 for years, so I know my way around. I have never however experienced anything like this. Not exactly the step up in realism I was looking for!

I have scoured the internet and seen several suggestions regarding the lights, but nothing seems to work. I even tried changing the lights to the stock FSX lights in the cfg file, but that still did not work.

There must be plenty of you out there who use this package, so what's the secret?

Rich

Was the download from the projectairbus archive site? Might have better luck from our File Library with a full aircraft download.

Some VC's have the problem you describe.....non working switches. More show than go!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Most of my aircraft are from Flightsim. This is a full PA package.

I discovered by pushing the heading button in it turns a shade darker, unlike a button where a green light comes on, indicating it is on. You think it would make sense to have a clear light indicating it is on, rather than just becoming slightly darker!

As far as lights are concerned it would appear to be all aircraft, not just the PA. There seems to be plenty of talk and suggested fixes for this, plus I plan to update my A2A 3D lights from FS9, once I get a response from their support forum. Hopefully this will make the lights more visible.

Plenty of work ahead (again!!). I was hoping to transfer a lot of my aircraft from FS9, but every tutorial I have seen and followed has not worked. I always get a plane with no texture or panel.

That's the main reason I don't fly many of the airbuses with the exception of the A-380 in which I replaced the 2D panel. I'll test one of the A-320 from the Library and take a look at the lights.

When you say all aircraft have a "Lights" problem and visibility is poor does that mean not bright enough? Most default look OK and a lot of 3rd party lights do poorly. The A2A 3D lights should make a big improvement.

Mr Zippy,

I'm working on the Project Airbus A380 right now since Thomas Ruth converted for FSX.

Noticed it now supports .DDS textures and was shocked that FSX ATC even natively recognizes the model "A380" (No B787)!

What VC cockpit are using? Need one to work with 2 FSX models RR and EA.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Mr Zippy,

I'm working on the Project Airbus A380 right now since Thomas Ruth converted for FSX.

Noticed it now supports .DDS textures and was shocked that FSX ATC even natively recognizes the model "A380" (No B787)!

What VC cockpit are using? Need one to work with 2 FSX models RR and EA.

No VC....2D only!

Archived