Engine won't cutoff King Air 90

Kdierken

Hi simmers,

I have had this very nice looking B90 King Air for awhile, I haven't flown it for sometime. When shutting down the engine will not shut off, I even changed panels from the stock Beechcraft 350 to a Rockwell Aero that I like. It shuts down in the Aero, but not the B90. Is there anyone out there that might have an answer, much appreciated. Kenny

mrzippy, I appreciate your response. I know I turned off the gen, battery, I feel as though I tried everything but will try it all again. I like the plane nicely designed for freeware. It came with default panel Beechcraft King Air 350, still won't shut off. I even put in another panel I hoped would work but still doesn't. I will come back. Kenny

mrzippy, I tried the mixture on my yoke/throttle quadrant which on the default panel shows when using the mixture it say's fuel cutoff. I still will not shut engine off. I find that a little strange. if a A/C designer is going to use default panels in their A/C it should work. Kenny

mrzippy, I tried the mixture on my yoke/throttle quadrant which on the default panel shows when using the mixture it say's fuel cutoff. I still will not shut engine off. I find that a little strange. if a A/C designer is going to use default panels in their A/C it should work. Kenny

kac90_v3.zip is this the freeware one you are using?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

A good find Zippy, I just tried kac90_v3.zip and the fuel cut off works on both engines for me using the panel supplied.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

A good find Zippy, I just tried kac90_v3.zip and the fuel cut off works on both engines for me using the panel supplied.

Yeah for me too! Just bringing the conditioning levers to fuel cutoff worked perfectly! I wonder if Kenny's mixture lever on the yoke/throttle assy. corresponds to the conditioning levers?

fuel cutoff.JPG

mrzippy & tiger1962, I tried as you can see in my screenshot, it comes up with 'No results found". I tried FS2004 panels typed in regular search without zip still cannot locate. If possible you could please hyperlink it for me that way I can download it. Thanks Kenny

kac90_v3.jpg

mrzippy & tiger1962, I tried as you can see in my screenshot, it comes up with 'No results found". I tried FS2004 panels typed in regular search without zip still cannot locate. If possible you could please hyperlink it for me that way I can download it. Thanks Kenny

It is not in the panel section.

When you are searching for a specific zip file it is best not to limit your search to a specific file section.

Also, if you copy the file name from a forum post, be careful not to add any blank spaces, they can cause problems.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

It's not just a panel, Kenny. This is a complete aircraft. This is the one I guessed at since you only gave a description of what you were flying and having problems with. Always include the download that you are using!

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Turboprops FS2004 Beechcraft King Air C90

[ Download | View ]

Name: kac90_v3.zip

Size: 4,059,430 Date: 07-21-2006 Downloads: 1,858

kac90_v3.gif

fbq1.giffcq1.giffaq1.gif FS2004 Beechcraft King Air C90, version 3. Fully flyable, includes transparent cockpit and panel. Master texture included for repaints. Two texture sets with typical paint schemes are included. This model was built with FSDS version 2.24. New for this version: visual model and textures, no mipmaps; transparent cockpit; improved flight model. Recommended sound set: LM_TURPK.ZIP. Visual Model by Dee Waldron Original AI model by Henry Tomkiewicz. Flight model by Michael Verlin and Steve Small. Panel and textures by Michael Verlin. Wheel textures by Jasper Gregory.

Thanks bean & mrzippy, I appreciate your inputs. I downloaded your zip file mrzippy, like the plane it is a lot nicer looking but when I go to start up I get this error message (see image) not sure what it means once I click ok, the sound of the plane is there but when I do a look around in the cockpit view it freezes I have to click on esc then it frees it up, then I try it again ditto. I even downloaded a new engine sound that seems to have engine cutoff, but still will not is it possible be within the air file? Thanks Kenny

PS I forgot to tell this, when I go to my desktop icon it takes unusual time to open FS, it might or might not open FS. It never has happened.

new B90.jpg

I am beginning to think you have some other problems going on in your Sim. Can you post a link to the original download for the King Air 90 you were trying to shut down the engines on?

mrzippy I downloaded the link from your earlier posting, showing the kac90_v3. When I put that into the search under file same as you have it, will show no results. I even tried another sound file for King Air I read the read me file and it told me to put the sound files in the main sound file. as suggested from Bean. Started up FS went to Beechcraft King Air c90, still won't shut down, & still get that error previously posted. I hope I am answering your two questions. Kenny

mrzippy I downloaded the link from your earlier posting, showing the kac90_v3. When I put that into the search under file same as you have it, will show no results. I even tried another sound file for King Air I read the read me file and it told me to put the sound files in the main sound file. as suggested from Bean. Started up FS went to Beechcraft King Air c90, still won't shut down, & still get that error previously posted. I hope I am answering your two questions. Kenny

Not even close, Kenny! Let's forget the kac90_v3.zip that I mentioned. What was the first one you had problems with?

From your 1st post:

I have had this very nice looking B90 King Air for awhile, I haven't flown it for sometime.

I want to try this one, unless it's for FS2002 or worse!

Hi mrzippy first of all thanks for continuing to help me out. I have the original zip file, I have tried to locate this plane in FS2004 as that is the only FS I use. the original zip is 866jd.zip. It comes up "empty no results".

Here is what I copied & pasted from the read me file. I hope this will help you. It uses the default King Air 350 for panel, that is why I am surprised that it will not cut out, as I use the fuel cut off just like the default King Air 350. Thanks agin Kenny

Beechcraft King Air C90B for FS2004 version 3

Visual Model by Dee Waldron June 2006

Original AI Visual Model by Henry Tomkiewicz

Original Flight Model by Michael Verlin and Steve Small

Master Panel and Textures by Michael Verlin

Enhanced FDE: Joe DeGregorio 5-2007

Repaint: Joe DeGregorio 5-2007

Information:

Stand alone Package.All needed files to fly included.Sound & Panel aliased to default KingAir 350.

Features fictious N866JD in DXT3 textures,with new custom Alphas,New Photoreal Side Pax cabin Windows, & Enhanced FDE.

If you're on a short hop ,set the Mains Left & Right Fuel to 60% and leave Aux Tanks at 100%.

I have this planes panel aliased to the PMDG B1900D and the sounds aliased to the aeroworks king air B200.The Aeroworks B200 panel DOES NOT work with this plane,unless someone made a working merge,which I haven't heard about yet.

As always,Enjoy!!

Install:

Simply place the folder " Beechcraft King Air C90B " into your FS9 Aircraft folder and thats it. Select Beechcraft on the Aircraft Menu and then C90B.There are quite a few repaints for this plane as well.

the original zip is 866jd.zip.

Actual file name is N866JD.zip and it is in the library.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I think I found it here.

http://htai-models.com/downloads/dwai/fs_projects/

It works in fsx, just some gauges don't show up, that's all.

It has a complete panel, no alias. It has a shift-2 throttle panel, and selecting mixture to 'cutoff' shuts the engines down.

maybe use that, and if needed replace only the [Window00] secion of the panel.cfg?

(and add the necessary gauges of course)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried the OP's File, along with the C90 & F90 that il88pp provided. While the Engines won't shut down using the Shift + Ctrl +F1 key, they will shut down using the Fuel Levers on the Pop Up Throttle Panel.

BTW... I like the look of the F90; sort of a compacted version of the 200!

Alan :pilot:

EDIT: The Throttles thing? il88pp mentioned it first... :p

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

OK, I just downloaded and installed N866JD.zip, as stated by Kenny and corrected by Bean. It uses the King Air 350 panel, which works perfectly! I started the engines and then successfully shut the engines down using Ctrl+Shift+F1 while watching the conditioning levers move to the shutoff position.

I am still stumped as to why they won't shut down for you, Kenny, when you move your Mixture Lever on your yoke assembly. Unless your Mixture Lever is not calibrated to "Fully" move the conditioning levers to the shutoff position??

Thanks Bean I found my original file in the library and it is for FS2004. As for mrzippy I have the CH Products yoke, I tried the commands Ctrl+Shift+F1 still will not shut off. It has been awhile since flying this plane, not sure if it shut off before or not, pretty sure it once did. I started up FS9 brought up default King Air 350 used my yoke and shut off with no problems. I started B-90B A/C today did a screen shot showing the on board throttle showing fuel cut off all the way down, and the outside of plane. I realize that the picture is showing stopped but actually running very slow. Kenny

B-90B-cutoff-sm.jpg

Kenny,

When I was testing your bird yesterday; I did the same thing as what's shown in your screenie, and all of the Gauges indicated Engine Shutdown.

The 'continuing' Engine Sound was coming from the other Jets that were taxiing on the Tarmac!

Just my 2¢...

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Hi Kenny! I just tried it again, with the same scenario. With both engines running and at high idle, I hit CTRL+Shift+F1 (conditioning levers to fuel cutoff) and in Locked spot view looking head-on at the engines, both engines spooled down and shut off and the props cranked around for about 2 seconds and came to a full stop.

I remember something from a few years ago about props that don't stop after engine shutdown. I'll do some searching.

Thanks Alan & mrzippy, unfortunately in Alan case it wasn't another plane near me. I find it funny how mrzippy gets it to work no matter what he does, doing the same thing that I am trying to accomplish using my yoke vs control shortcuts I even tried that, but it won't shutdown after approximately 10 secs continues to still spool down. Again mrzippy I appreciate you for doing more research on this. Thanks Kenny

Archived