FS9 Debugging Problem

Jet Blue

I tried to open up FS9 yesterday and got as far as the splash screen and then it just hangs. I then noticed that for some unknown reason the fs9.exe file was 9.0.0. I have a fresh copy of FS9 saved so I checked the fs9.exe file and found that it was version 9.1.0. I drag and dropped this file into my FS9 installation and when I ran FS9 a window with the following appeared.

For security reasons this program will not run while system debuggers are active. Please remove or disable the system debugger before trying to run this program again. I pushed the OK button and the following appeared.

Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled. FILE bglman.dll

Flight Simulator opens and the aircraft do fly. The only problem I seem to have is that I cannot save a flight. When I do the screen goes black and hangs.

Can any body let me know how to deactivate or remove the system debuggers and if that is not possible what a possible fix for this problem could be?

My system is as follows.

Windows 7

Intel Core i7 -2600 CPU @3.40HZ

64 bit operating system

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

regards

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your very prompt feedback. If you are referring to update KB 3086255 I never installed it because of all of the negative publicity it received on the various forums. i am still open to any other suggestions.

The module bglman.dll is installed by FSDreamteam/Cloud9 scenery. Try re-installing any FSDreamteam/Cloud9 scenery, that should fix it.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your very prompt feedback. If you are referring to update KB 3086255 I never installed it because of all of the negative publicity it received on the various forums. i am still open to any other suggestions.

Hello Jet

I note you say that you haven't Installed the offending update KB 3086255.Are you sure?

How do you have your windows update set to receive its updates?

If you have the default setting ,that is to let Windows download and install its updates automatically ,then you should change this to download ,but do NOT! install automatically ,but let you select which updates to install after you have either reviewed them ,or asked one of the many experienced simmers here to explain exactly what a particular update does and whether it should be installed or not.

Anyways if you have already done the above then you can ignore my post .

Andy

I managed to sort the problem out. I ran a fresh installation of FS9 version 9.1 on a separate computer. I then copied and pasted the fs9.exe file across to the problematic installation. I then downloaded the nocd2k4 patch and followed the instructions and it worked. FS9 boots up and I can open up my saved flights.

Andy I have my "check for windows updates and let me install setting on". That is why the offending installation never made it into my system.

Thank you all for your input. Hopefully others who have a similar problem can use this very simple but effective fix.

Archived