Is there any fix for this kind of paint texture problem?

quantel_1

It is probably an AA issue, play around with your AA mode options. On my system one option gives me clear graphics but the edges of aircraft are jagged, another gives me clear aircraft edges but the graphics are jagged, another gives smooth edges to both. If I as much as change vid drivers, much less vid cards, I usually have to tweak this again.

Exactly which problem are we talking about? If it's the white door, this has been reported here before, maybe search older threads. If it's the jagged dark blue lines on the plane, that's supposed to be like that, see the attached texture file segment.
Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Or a texture addon package messed with your environment files?

Lol, that happened to me some years ago. I fired up the sim one day to find all my aircraft, default and add-on, had a mirror-like finish of swirling orange and pink and yellow tints; interesting, psychedelic (reminiscent of my hippie days), but not welcome in my flight sim. I was on the verge of a complete reinstall when someone suggested I replace the environment maps.

Thank you all for your prompt responses to my post.

I have applied all of the mods suggested and In addition I have done a reinstall of FS2004 but the problem persists.

I cannot recall having this problem when FS2004 was first installed some 10 years ago and I suspect it may have something to do with either my GT630 video adapter or drivers,

I have tried to change the driver to 290.36 but the Gt630 reports an incompatibility issue

I seldom fly with the default aircraft and the problem is one that I can live with.

Alan

Despite my earlier observation that the "white "door and odd texture colours to parts of the fuselage problem is one that I can live with, it has continued to worry me so I decided to see what would happen if I installed the 296.39 driver that was originally packaged with my GT630 -- guess what!! The "white "door and odd texture colours to other parts of the fuselage have disappeared.

So much for the advice to always update drivers.

Regards to all.

I've always looked on updating drivers as a perfect example of "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Driver updates usually address issues with the latest hardware/software and typically are not even pertinent to 90% of people using the particular card. And, as you've seen, may cause more problems than they correct.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your interest.

Although I have FSX installed I seldom use it and I have been flying with FS2004 since it first became available.

Now that I have the texture problem solved and FS2004 running to my liking I do not intend to change from the 296.39 driver.

Kind regards,

Alan Wilson

Archived