North American F-86D?

GBJim

Hi, this is my very first post, so please be gentle with me. :o I have recently down loaded an update to the Kazunori Ito North American F-86 D Sabre Dog. Can someone please tell me how to turn on the afterburner, or is it automatic with full throttle? How do you turn on it's smoke? And if it is at all possible, can the heavy breathing be turned off in the cockpit?

Thank you.

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Hi, this is my very first post, so please be gentle with me. :o I have recently down loaded an update to the Kazunori Ito North American F-86 D Sabre Dog. Can someone please tell me how to turn on the afterburner, or is it automatic with full throttle? How do you turn on its smoke? And if it is at all possible, can the heavy breathing be turned off in the cockpit?

Thank you.

Jim

Well the Greenhorn has made some progress. The afterburner does come on at full throttle providing that you load Effects, which I have now done. The cockpit breathing is called "Mask", which I have now deleted from Sound, (but stored just in case I need it again), and the cockpit sounds a lot less heated now.

My one remaining problem is turning on the smoke system. I have assigned a Button to do this, but it is just not working ? Any ideas on why not ?

Jim

Well the Greenhorn has made some progress. The afterburner does come on at full throttle providing that you load Effects, which I have now done. The cockpit breathing is called "Mask", which I have now deleted from Sound, (but stored just in case I need it again), and the cockpit sounds a lot less heated now.

My one remaining problem is turning on the smoke system. I have assigned a Button to do this, but it is just not working ? Any ideas on why not ?

Jim

The common keystroke for smoke on/off should be the I key.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Sorry to say, neither the I key, or my assigned key on my joy stick are working ? ? ? :(

I'm not familiar with that specific download. But my next question after the I key and the joy stick setting failures would be "is smoke an option with that sim?":confused: I'd go back to the download site and check whether smoke is listed as an option.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

OK, it does turn on when the I key is hit. Now when looking at it while flying, it looks like it's about 2 mile behind the aircraft and is very faint. I quickly added a couple of more smoke effects to it and...........

F-86D.JPG

Cough, Cough!

Kazunori Ito North American F-86 D Sabre Dog.. How do you turn on it's smoke?..

Firstly, not all FSX planes have got smoke, maybe the F-86 is one of them.

I know the default aerobatic Extra has got pretty white smoke, take it up for a spin and hit key 'I' like Zippy said to at least check that your I key works with the Extra.

Yes, I do see it now, very faint. Oh well, it wasn't that important anyway. As long as I got the hot and heavy breathing in the cockpit fixed, everything is fine now.

Thanks guys, for all of your help.

Jim

I did try the two other F86's from military Fly Away, but they were both faulty. On one the retracts were unreliable, and the other shook and vibrated very badly. And so, I've settled on this one. She has better texture, and smoother performance then the other two. This one is a real sweetheart to fly ! I do wish that other American paint jobs were available tho. Again; I am a rank novice at this. If there is any way to produce the paint job below on the model that I am flying, please advise.

Thank you.

Jim

FSX 2.jpg

And while I have the attention of all of the good guys here, let me ask you all another question. I have started flying the gmax F-86 version from military Fly Away page 11 again, just because I like some of the paints. At around 350 knots the plane starts shaking badly. Is this intentional or unintentional ? The Kazunori Ito North American F-86 D Sabre Dog does not shake. Is there any way to eliminate the shake on the gmax F-86 ?

Thank again.

Jim

And while I have the attention of all of the good guys here, let me ask you all another question. I have started flying the gmax F-86 version from military Fly Away page 11 again, just because I like some of the paints. At around 350 knots the plane starts shaking badly. Is this intentional or unintentional ? The Kazunori Ito North American F-86 D Sabre Dog does not shake. Is there any way to eliminate the shake on the gmax F-86 ?

Thank again.

Jim

350kias at what altitude?

The plane is a Gee Bee model Z kitted by JDM out in California. It's 31% scale, wing span is 86"?, weighs 24 lbs, powered with a Brisson 3.2 gas engine, and is Spektrum radio controlled.

Gee Bee Z 3.png

The plane is a Gee Bee model Z kitted by JDM out in California. It's 31% scale, wing span is 86"?, weighs 24 lbs, powered with a Brisson 3.2 gas engine, and is Spektrum radio controlled.

I used to fly r/c planes 30 years ago, this is my kit-built Goldberg Skylane (42" wingspan) it had single-channel rudder control only (no elevators and ailerons) and flew fine but was a bit underpowered with it's Cox .049 engine so I sold it off-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/skyl.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Goldberg-Skylane_zpsego9ddtv.jpg~original

I just took it up and was flying pretty steady at Ftl220 at over 600 knots.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]186212[/ATTACH]

I must be flying a different download, mine will never reach 600 kts in level flight. This is becoming very confusing. Mine shakes at 350 kts, at 10,000, and about 400 kts at 20,000. I must be doing something wrong. Please advise ?

Thank you.

Jim

Pic was taken immediately after a steep dive, and it didn't reach 500 kts.

Greenhorn must be doing something wrong ! :(

FSX 5.jpg

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Military-57-116

4th download on the page.

I'm using the full sound folder from my Section8 F-86 instead of the default Lear45 sound that come with it!

You nailed it Mr. Zippy. That version is rock solid. It's an entirely different version with many more liveries, it's great.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

If you want the pilot breathing sounds included, just not as loud, there is a way to adjust ANY single, individual sound you like.

IN the airplane's folder, locate the sound folder. Within that, locate the sound.cfg file, and make a BACKUP of it. Open it with NotePad (or similar), NOT MSWord, or any other word processor. They add characters that will make the file non-functional.

You will see a bunch of entries similar to this:

[EXIT_CLOSE]

filename=T45_canopy_close

minimum_volume=1000

maximum_volume=9800

[FLAPS]

filename=T45_flaps

minimum_volume=1000

maximum_volume=9800

[GEAR_DOWN]

filename=T45_gear_down

minimum_volume=1000

maximum_volume=9400

[GEAR_UP]

filename=T45_gear_up

minimum_volume=1000

maximum_volume=9400

etc etc

LOWER (decrease) the two lines minimum_volume=1000 and maximum_volume=9400. Like for example, change them to 500 for minimum and 5000 for maximim.

Save the file, load up the airplane, and see how it sounds. if you don't like it still, change them some more, save the file, and restart the plane, reload the plane, change to another plane and then back, whatever.

There is also a tab in the Settings menu for Sounds, with sliders for various types of sounds. Cockpit, External, etc etc. They adjust ALL the sounds in their baliwick. Changing the indivual entries in the Sound.cfg file change a single sound out of all of the sounds in the area.

Like, if you like the volumes of all the sounds in the cockpit, just NOT the breathing in particular, you can adjust the entry in the sound.cfg, but if you think ALL the cockpit sounds are too loud, you adjust the slider in the Settings.

I hope that helps a little in this one thing that you mentioned...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thank you very much for that. I was able to take care of the breathing in mask issue. All other problems were taken care of by Mr. Zippy's recommendation to use the Sectionf8 F-86 Sabre. All is now good. It was a pleasure coming here for the first time and learning how to fix my own issues, and I hope to become a regular here. It's been fun.

Thanks again every one.

Jim

Scatterbrainkid, my dad bought that Cessna you have in that picture when we visited London in 1964. It didn't fly very well, or maybe the pilot wasn't so good - anyway, it crashed hard on its first flight.

My dad was bitten by the bug, though. In the early 80s he scratch-built a Fieseler Storch, and that one he flew extensively on a RC airfield outside Aarhus, Denmark. Incredible how slow that thing would fly.

Jorgen

Just a thought but maybe the heavy breathing is the sound of the pilots g-suit inflating and deflating during hard manoeuvres.

File had the breathing sound designated as "Mask", and it is no longer a problem. I deleted it. :)

Jim

Archived