First time posting screen shots

captpola

Hey guys, this is my first time posting shots from FSX so go easy on me!

FSX Default Grumman

PHNL-PHOG

Aerosoft 787

PHOG Pattern

Rex 4 TD w Soft clouds

Active sky next

Megascenery Hawaii2015-12-1_12-50-13-242.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy, once I get better ill post more

PS: notice in the first picture my FPS are over 200...is that normal?

2015-12-1_12-51-36-211.jpg

2015-12-1_13-8-32-346.jpg

2015-12-1_13-8-39-919.jpg

2015-12-1_14-6-30-321.jpg

2015-12-1_14-7-17-20.jpg

FPS is largely dependant on the CPU. If you have a good, fast one, then yes, that's normal.

Given the limitations of hte Human eye and brain, though, anything much over 30 or so is a waste of the CPU effort, which coulld be better used for other tasks in the sim. A lot of folks limit theirs to 30 or 35 FPS, which frees the CPU time and effort to do the myriad other tasks required of it in the simulator. Like applying the proper physics to the flight model, displaying paint jobs and ground/sky textures, instrument readings in the cockpit...the list goes on and on.

Having rambled on, those are some very nice pictures! Thank you for an enjoyable post!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

FPS is largely dependant on the CPU. If you have a good, fast one, then yes, that's normal.

Given the limitations of hte Human eye and brain, though, anything much over 30 or so is a waste of the CPU effort, which coulld be better used for other tasks in the sim. A lot of folks limit theirs to 30 or 35 FPS, which frees the CPU time and effort to do the myriad other tasks required of it in the simulator. Like applying the proper physics to the flight model, displaying paint jobs and ground/sky textures, instrument readings in the cockpit...the list goes on and on.

Having rambled on, those are some very nice pictures! Thank you for an enjoyable post!

Pat☺

Hey thanks a lot on the compliment. Looking to get a mesh program next to tweak up mesh and some ground scenery, equipment etc. any idea where to get good 787 paints?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice indeed! Thanks for posting!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope, not a clue about big iron paints. I don't fly it, so I never really bothered.

Simviation and FlightSim both have some great mesh freeware downloads, not to mention payware.

Hope that doesn't answer your question :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Nice shots!!
AMD FX-8350 8 CORES 4.0/ovrclckd 5.0GHz, GIGABYTE GA 990FXA-UD7, RAM 32GB/2000MHz, GeFORCE GTX TITAN, 2xSSD 256GB, 2*HDD 2TB, 3x42" LCD, SAITEK PRO FLIGHT, MCP+EFIS PANEL, ANDROID TABLET FOR FMC AND EFB, WIN8-64BIT, FS9

Alan welcome to the screenshot forum, ditto to what everyone said about your first screenshots. I have done many thru the yrs but cannot remember my first one, I am sure it wasn't too good but practice, it takes time but you are on a good roll. My suggestion is to look at other screenshots and expand your imagination and angles, sometimes I get lucky and sometimes I don't. Keep on taking screenshots I look forward to seeing more. Kenny

Archived