V3 performance

alexzar14

I searched for the simple question (the very first that comes to mind) and wasn't able to find it. Knowing the VAS issues have been addressed, I am not asking about improvements in VAS. My question is concerning performance (fps rate) - any improvements? 1/2 year ago I bought V2.5, the performance was poor and far inferior to FSX so I stayed with FSX. Was this issue at all dealt with in V3?

I do understand the possible increase in performance would be about 3-7%, given that the issue has been worked on to begin with...

1/2 year ago I bought V2.5, the performance was poor and far inferior to FSX so I stayed with FSX.

Wow. I had a huge performance improvement from FSX to P3D v2. Perhaps something wasn't set up right, or maybe you need a better video card.

Sorry I don't have much info on V3.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

VAS is improved, but with tessellation and increased GPU usage if you have an ubalanced system, then you aren't gong to see any improvement between 2.5 and v3. At the end of the day hardware drives software. It's an immutable truth.

Want more fps? Get a better computer, not a more complex simulator.

Why are you focussed on fps improvements? The sim relies on smoothness, not pixel refresh rates.

Anyways, you can try for yourself. P3d v3 comes with the same 60-day money back guarantee as 2.5.

Let us know how you get on.

I would guess you could find the exact improvements/updates on Prepar3D Forums, but one would have to judge what his/her computer displays in various places around the globe....Personally, I like FSX Gold becuz it has everything I have purchased...I also like Version 3 plus the word I use to describe on my rig is "Clarity" to my eyes is very impressive. The downside to me is addons from FSX are either not put in V3 with ease for the non techie without lots of help or tweaking. IMHO...al v

I find V3 to have as good if not better performance than FSX-SE. It takes a heftier computer to do so though. I see no mention of hardware.

CPU: I7 4790K @ 4.5 ghz, GPU and CPU water cooled

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

MEM: Gskill Rippjaw 1866 17900

MB: Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97X

• 5 weeks later...
As we speak, my Level D 767 in FSX is getting between like 36 -mid 40s with 50 fps at FL270 over the Rockies out of Denver headed to SanFran.....and I think my FSX fps are similar to Ver3 on my rig...but I like having Ver 3 and I fly each on daily...al v

Im getting great results from v3 also...the main thing I like is the lower load times and the better fps, So far im very happy

Hi

I resently got V3, maybe this a stupid question or :) sorry. Flying the stock Beech Baron with stock scenery VC i´m getting up to 180 fps, when i open a new view on my tv fps drops to below 100. Hope it doesn´t break the sim or the plane or what do you think.

Sigurdur

Asus Z170-Pro Gaming

Intel Core i7 6700K @4.4 Ghz

Corsair VEN 2x8GB 2400

Asus GeForce 960GTX

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 2 fans

multiple views use resources and frames drop. Won't hurt a thing.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived