Afraid of FPS reduction

kiri

Hi. Not having an actualized cumputer, but a reasonable FPS, Im afraid of downloading "ORBX global" and having a FPS reduction. Any help on the matter.

Thanks, kiri.

Every "Good" thing comes at a cost...namely a reduction of FPS. Don't know what an actualized computer is, but if you want to start adding payware stuff like sceneries, weather, aircraft, etc, you better have a computer that will handle it.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi. Thanks for reply. My computer: Intel Core 2 duo E7400 2,80 GHz, 2793 Mhz. Mem 8.00 Windows 7 Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT.

What I mean by actualized is a comp. eith Intel I7 or I5 and a better Nvidia.

Nevertheless Im having around 15 FPS average, thinking that maybe ORBX would be nice but reduving FPS so Nice would be Terrible.

Regards, José

Hi. Thanks for reply. My computer: Intel Core 2 duo E7400 2,80 GHz, 2793 Mhz. Mem 8.00 Windows 7 Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT.

What I mean by actualized is a comp. eith Intel I7 or I5 and a better Nvidia.

Nevertheless Im having around 15 FPS average, thinking that maybe ORBX would be nice but reduving FPS so Nice would be Terrible.

Regards, José

If you're only doing 15FPS now, ORBX doesn't seem like a very good idea without an upgrade.

It looks like you have plenty of GPU for FSX but you could use a faster CPU. Try to find a 4 core Intel chip that's closer to 4GHZ.

And if you don't have Acceleration make sure you get the service Pack 1 & 2. They will make your computer operation of FSX much more efficient.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi. Not having an actualized cumputer, but a reasonable FPS, Im afraid of downloading "ORBX global" and having a FPS reduction. Any help on the matter.

Thanks, kiri.

If you just get Global Base your fps will not be affected. Vector is another matter.

P.S. You could improve your prospects by a modest upgrade to your video card. Also your CPU - I can sell you a used E8600 if you like, the best CPU upgrade you will achieve with your existing socket. 3.3GHz at stock, and overclocks easily to 4GHz if your board can do it.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

+1

ORBX Global Base only replaces your ground textures and there will not be a reduction in framerates. But Vector will definitely cause a drop in FPS.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Archived