FsRealWX lite connection problems

frank727

Having no problem with mine. Sometimes if it cannot complete a connection it offers an alternative. Do not know if there is an easier fix, but suggest it might be worth trying to uninstal WX lite, downloading a fresh copy and re-installing. Worth trying if nobody comes up with a better idea. Enjoy your flying, Roy.

It may be waiting for FSX Simconnect. Check the FSRealWXlite settings and uncheck the Simconnect button and any other FSX-only features. FS9 will only need FSUIPC checked.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I seem to have the connection working but unfortunately I uninstalled FSRealWX lite and replaced it with FSRealWX pro. I can't seem to get FSRealWX lite back because apparently it's not supported anymore.:(

When I turn on FSRealWX pro, it says that I have an unregistered FSUIPC. I have no idea what to do about it and my FSRealWX Pro trial period ends in a few weeks. What can I do to get FSRealWX lite back?

[When I turn on FSRealWX pro, it says that I have an unregistered FSUIPC. I have no idea what to do about it and my FSRealWX Pro trial period ends in a few weeks. /QUOTE]

The unregistered FSUIPC is irrelevant, as is the warning about FSRealWX Pro warning about it's trial period. It's good forever. If you didn't keep the zipfile FSRealWX Lite, as far as I know, you are SOL. I always keep DL zipfiles someplace, personally. But that's just my pack-rat nature.

Just use the Pro version you've got.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

[When I turn on FSRealWX pro, it says that I have an unregistered FSUIPC. I have no idea what to do about it and my FSRealWX Pro trial period ends in a few weeks. /QUOTE]

The unregistered FSUIPC is irrelevant, as is the warning about FSRealWX Pro warning about it's trial period. It's good forever. If you didn't keep the zipfile FSRealWX Lite, as far as I know, you are SOL. I always keep DL zipfiles someplace, personally. But that's just my pack-rat nature.

Just use the Pro version you've got.

Pat☺

OK. But FSRealWX still isn't working. It says FS not ready.

Ok, let's start at the beginning.

You have FSRealWX pro. Is it version v 2.02.0386? That's the latest, according to the site. Do you have the zip file for it? Have you tried deleting you current install and reinstalling it? When you run it, do you start the file in "Run as Administrator" mode?

Where on your computer do you have FSX and FSRealWX installed?

Which Windows version are you running?

Do you have FSUIPC installed? Is it in the Modules folder of FSX? Which version of FSUIPC do you have? It should be v4.9.4.4a. or later.

Mr. Dowson just released a newer version on the 4th of October. It is v4.9.46. However I do know for a fact, since I just loaded it and it worked fine, that FSRealWX Pro (freeware version) works fine with the older version of FSUIPC, released back in January of 2015.

Can you see FSUIPC in your Add-ons menu once you are in free-flight?

Do you wait to start FSRealWX until you actually have the game fully loaded and are sitting on the end of the runway, in the cockpit, ready to give 'er the gun? I mean don't even click on the executable (or shortcut)?

All this stuff is relevant, and any one (or combination of) could be the cause of your troubles.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

• 2 months later...
Ok, let's start at the beginning.

You have FSRealWX pro. Is it version v 2.02.0386? That's the latest, according to the site. Do you have the zip file for it? Have you tried deleting you current install and reinstalling it? When you run it, do you start the file in "Run as Administrator" mode?

Where on your computer do you have FSX and FSRealWX installed?

Which Windows version are you running?

Do you have FSUIPC installed? Is it in the Modules folder of FSX? Which version of FSUIPC do you have? It should be v4.9.4.4a. or later.

Mr. Dowson just released a newer version on the 4th of October. It is v4.9.46. However I do know for a fact, since I just loaded it and it worked fine, that FSRealWX Pro (freeware version) works fine with the older version of FSUIPC, released back in January of 2015.

Can you see FSUIPC in your Add-ons menu once you are in free-flight?

Do you wait to start FSRealWX until you actually have the game fully loaded and are sitting on the end of the runway, in the cockpit, ready to give 'er the gun? I mean don't even click on the executable (or shortcut)?

All this stuff is relevant, and any one (or combination of) could be the cause of your troubles.

Pat☺

Sorry I haven't responded. I haven't been on FS2004 much lately. My FSRealWX Pro is version 2.03.502.

I have Windows 7.

I have FSUIPC version 3.48 and yes I can see it from the menu.

I'm still having problems with the connection.

I sincerly apologize. I made a mistake on the FSUIPC version. For FS9 (FS2004, if you prefer. Same-same) you should be running v3.999z. It's the last Mr. Dowson made for FS9. No more updates to come, for FS9. It's on Mr. Dowson's forum pages/website.

Something else I have found. If you have more than one copy of the FSUIPC.dll on the same drive, like say an unzipped zipfile in a temp folder, and a copied FSUIPC.dll file in the sim, which left a copy in the temp folder, it can cause all kinds of hate and discontent.

Do a SEARCH of the Hard Drive you have the Sim on, and ANY and ALL extranneous (big word for the day :D ) copies of the .dll you find, move elsewhere. NOT COPY, MOVE! Another HDD entirely, an external HDD, a CD, thumbdrive, anything. Just make certain you have ONLY one FSUIPC.dll on the drive that has the Sim on it. The entire drive. That means if you have a 500GB HD, partitioned off to two, 250GB drives, say C: and D:, with the game on C:, remove ANY .dll files on C: and D: both, except the ONE copy IN the sim.

If you happen to have another HDD, let's say a 1 TB drive, partitioned off into E: and F:, you can store the extranneous copies on that if you want.

Me, I do the search, copy any and all extra copies of the .dll to a folder, then zip them into a single zip file with 7Zip. That is a safe way, but then I remove the zip file to an external HDD. Just to be triple-safe.

First and foremost, though, get the v3.999z version of FSUIPC. I believe that may well be your problem. FSRealWX requires v3.8 or later, and you are running v3.48, you said. You need to update your FSUIPC version.

Give it a shot, and let us know how you fare :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Semper Fi, Cap'n!

And my thanks for your service, sir!

Enjoy your time here and all the great flights I am sure you'll have :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived