autopilot turns really slow. why?

NBVNBV

When I get a airplane that does that, and I want to make a 'sharp' turn, I use the '0 (Ins)' key to 'help' AP make LEFT turns and 'Enter' key to 'help' AP make RIGHT turns. These keys are at bottom of keypad area and not the regular keyboard keys. Pressing the key repeatedly increases the RATE of turn (but don't overdo it as it can 'break' your AP function). To set back to normal (ie: 'center') you press the keypad 5 key. Works for me.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

hello,

when i use the autopilot. and turn to a heading my plane turns really really slow like 5 degrees.

how can i make it turn faster like 30 degrees ?

You didn't mention what aircraft you're discussing. Some planes have a bank limit built into the AP that can be adjusted. Typically 5* is the lowest setting. Check and see if you have a bank limit.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Sounds like a low bank-angle problem.

what is that?

So you adjust the heading setting 30 degrees and the plane's heading changes only a little?

I don't follow. Describe precisely, how you start out, what you do, what happens, and how that looks.

i change to some random heading and the plane turns is very slow?

You didn't mention what aircraft you're discussing. Some planes have a bank limit built into the AP that can be adjusted. Typically 5* is the lowest setting. Check and see if you have a bank limit.

im using default Boing 737-800 and what Is bank limit?

When I get a airplane that does that, and I want to make a 'sharp' turn, I use the '0 (Ins)' key to 'help' AP make LEFT turns and 'Enter' key to 'help' AP make RIGHT turns. These keys are at bottom of keypad area and not the regular keyboard keys. Pressing the key repeatedly increases the RATE of turn (but don't overdo it as it can 'break' your AP function). To set back to normal (ie: 'center') you press the keypad 5 key. Works for me.

Chuck B

is there another way?

Explain what you expect to see, and what you actually see. Explain the difference you see on the gauges. And what you see out the window. .

Also, what plane are you comparing to.

Use more words then "turn is slow"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check the bank angle ring on the Heading Knob to make sure you didn't move it to a small number. It should be set to 30.

bank angle knob.JPG

From the outside chase view your aircraft should be banked like il88pp stated, one wing up and one wing down.

Bank angle chase view.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Check the bank angle ring on the Heading Knob to make sure you didn't move it to a small number. It should be set to 30.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183120[/ATTACH]

From the outside chase view your aircraft should be banked like il88pp stated, one wing up and one wing down.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183121[/ATTACH]

Thank you soooo much now its working fine. :)

But...if you DON'T have a bank switch on your panel....

'..use the '0 (Ins)' key to 'help' AP make LEFT turns and 'Enter' key to 'help' AP make RIGHT turns..'

Or...in aircraft.cfg (autopilot) section, change the bank angle to what your want. The 737 has this line: 'max_bank=30,25,20,15,10'. Change to 'max_bank=30' and your turns will always be 30 degree banking (but your switch will not change to less bank).

Chuck B

PS: Me thinks that if you are a 737 pilot you would at least know what pitch and bank MEANS - Cheesh!

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived