NASA to make major announcement tomorrow (whenever that is for you)

HoratioWondersocks

Life on Mars?

Or the crying of Wolves.

NASA has a habit of doing this, getting us all excited then the major announcement turns out to be nothing more than cold science about possible somethingness that MAY have occurred however are not quite sure of but weighing up all the facts was a distinct possibility millions of years ago in the Planets early evolution.

I hope not.

We want life .

On Mars ,or anyware else in the cosmos for that matter.

Andy

Almost alive.

I'd rather listen to what NASA has to say ANYTIME, instead of listening to the Daily Drivel from some self-absorbed politico or celebrity, who's talking just for the sake of hearing his (or her) own voice.

And... if you're able to wrap your head around what they talk about, it IS pretty interesting.

C'mon, Guys... LIGHTEN UP!!

Alan :rolleyes:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

I'd rather listen to what NASA has to say ANYTIME, instead of listening to the Daily Drivel from some self-absorbed politico or celebrity, who's talking just for the sake of hearing his (or her) own voice.

And... if you're able to wrap your head around what they talk about, it IS pretty interesting.

C'mon, Guys... LIGHTEN UP!!

Alan :rolleyes:

If you checked out our posts, I would suggest no lightening up is required.

This is a fun thread.

So lighten up my friend.

Andy

nasa put out a video about the super lunar eclipse tonight. Maybe that is what all the excitement is about.

Bruce

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I5-2500k@ 4.5Ghz/ 16 GB Gskill DDR3 1600/Nvidia GTX460 1GB// CH Yoke/Pedals/Throttle/TrackIR/Win7/ Fsx Deluxe SP1 & SP2

"Don't let fear or good judgment hold you back"

Ha ha all NASA has found are a few short intermittent trickles of brackish undrinkable "water" on the slopes of a mountain, but are playing it up to make it sound important to support their man-to-Mars agenda..:)

NASA egghead quote- “Today’s announcement is one of the reason’s why it’s even more imperative that we send astrobiologists and planetary scientists to Mars to explore the question of is there current life on Mars,” he said.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/mars-flowing-rivers-briny-water-nasa-satellite-reveals/

I totally disagree with all of the NASA "naysayers" here.

What exactly is NASA is trying to do with all of the space exploration that they partake in? The answer is simple: to preserve what chances we have as a human race, to survive on this planet we call Earth.

Pictures of the the dried up riverbeds, the dried up lakes -with sedimentation patterns clearly showing- show us one thing: that Mars did have sustainable life sources at one time. And something, somewhere, messed all that up. That "something, somewhere" scenario is exactly why Mars is nothing more than a dustbowl now. We need to know what happened and why.

Nothing like that could happen here on Earth, right? Google "Lake Mead water levels".

If you really want to go deeper than how bad our current water levels in the world are, add a few words to that Lake Mead search. You'll be astonished.

As a US taxpayer, I'd rather see my tax dollars wasted with NASA, than most all the other stupid things Washington spends my tax dollars on now. Unlike our politicians, those NASA employees are earning their pay imo...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

my flight simming system: Windows 10 CyberPower PC i5 6600k 3.5 gHz, Gigabyte NVidia GTX 970 graphics, with FSX, FSXSE and P3D all installed side-by-side on a Crucial 525 SSD. Dual monitors, with a Saitek X52 joystick w/ rudder pedals for controls. It's all powered by a Thermaltake TR2 Gold 700W power supply sitting in a Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 case.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Google "Lake Mead water levels".

If you really want to go deeper than how bad our current water levels in the world are, add a few words to that Lake Mead search. You'll be astonished..

If the eggheads can't figger out why the earth's water levels are dropping, spending a zillion dollars going to Mars won't help them find out.

Surely overpopulation is doing it, it's not rocket science..;)

I totally disagree with all of the NASA "naysayers" here.

What exactly is NASA is trying to do with all of the space exploration that they partake in? The answer is simple: to preserve what chances we have as a human race, to survive on this planet we call Earth.

Pictures of the the dried up riverbeds, the dried up lakes -with sedimentation patterns clearly showing- show us one thing: that Mars did have sustainable life sources at one time. And something, somewhere, messed all that up. That "something, somewhere" scenario is exactly why Mars is nothing more than a dustbowl now. We need to know what happened and why.

Nothing like that could happen here on Earth, right? Google "Lake Mead water levels".

If you really want to go deeper than how bad our current water levels in the world are, add a few words to that Lake Mead search. You'll be astonished.

As a US taxpayer, I'd rather see my tax dollars wasted with NASA, than most all the other stupid things Washington spends my tax dollars on now. Unlike our politicians, those NASA employees are earning their pay imo...

What is it with you serious guys?

This was supposed to be slightly tongue in cheek ,humerous ,have a bit of a laugh thread.

Why do you heavies fail to see that.

Life on Mars don't know, but intellellgent life on Earth can somewhat lacking at times.

Andy

Well, the currently accepted theory is that Mars doesn't have a liquid iron core, like hte Earth, so no magnetosphere to protect it, and the solar wind (which most scoffed at until it was proven to exist, like so many things) blew the atmosphere away into space. No air, the water sublimed and was also blown off. Of course, and here's the bug in that little theory, is that Venus also has no mangetosphere, and yet, and here's the clincher folks, it's atmosphere is 900 time thicker than Earth's.

Seems like the science folks need to get together a bit more closely.

NOW: Is the Earth's water blowing off into space like Mars'? Nope. It may no longer be in fresh water reservoirs, like it WAS say 10 or 15 years ago, but let's face it, 10 or 15 years isn't weather pattern change. 500-1000 years? Yes. 10-15 years, even 100 years, is a hiccup. And for "global warming", bear in mind, there was a time a few millions of years back when the poles were tropical. Same Axial tilt, +/- a few degress perhaps, but pretty much the same. Our giant moon sees to that. For now (it's moving away at a few inches per year). And there was a time called Snowball Earth. Self explanatory.

SO: a few degrees? SO WHAT??? Not good for humans on the coasts? Maybe. Humans are not the be-all and end-all of life on Earth, contrary to many folk's opinions. 99.99999999 (etc) of all species ever to have lived have gone extinct. We are sure to be one too. Are we pushing out into space, and away from this planet to try and last longer? Nah. We are withdrawing from space. A small robotic probe here or there is NOT expanding into space. Commercial exploitation of the Moon, the Asteroids? Nope, put that money into a bigger yacht than the other hyper-rich. Looking into building lunar or LaGrange point colonies? No WAY, that money is for bigger mansions! Anything to capture solar power and beam it down to Earth as microwave energy to use instead of oil? Not a chance, as long as oil company profits are in the billions of dollars.

NaySay is just another Government beurocracy aiming to keep it's-self alive. Nothing more.

Will we die of our own selfishness and climate destruction? Kinda looking that way...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Years ago I got abducted and when I asked 'Where are you taking me?' the answer was 'We are not GOING anywhere: we have been HERE on THIS planet all along-just keeping to ourselfs-and watching you .... (self destruct?).

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Suddenly I'm --gulp-- afraid..

"And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty" (Isaiah 3:24)

"The time has come for judging the dead.. and for destroying those who destroy the earth" (Revelation 11:18)

PS- I don't drive so maybe the big man will cut me some slack for not stinking up his planet..;)

Suddenly I'm --gulp-- afraid..

"And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty" (Isaiah 3:24)

"The time has come for judging the dead.. and for destroying those who destroy the earth" (Revelation 11:18)

PS- I don't drive so maybe the big man will cut me some slack for not stinking up his planet..;)

Thanks for the Revelations quote. Whenever anyone asks if recreational drugs are a new trend, I tell them to read Revelations & Acts. Then they know, heavy drugs are not new at all.

BTW: In Genesis God tells Adam and Eve if they ruin the world no one else will fix it. And according to some, it's only taken 6,000 years or so to do just that.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks for the Revelations quote. Whenever anyone asks if recreational drugs are a new trend, I tell them to read Revelations & Acts. Then they know, heavy drugs are not new at all.

BTW: In Genesis God tells Adam and Eve if they ruin the world no one else will fix it. And according to some, it's only taken 6,000 years or so to do just that.

Funny, I can't find a verse where Jesus says do drugs.

Anyway mush-brained junkies don't seem very spiritually enlightened to me!

As for time, it's stretchy and elastic (ask Einstein), so trying to slap a measurement on it is meaningless..:)

"With God a thousand years are as one day" (2 Peter 3:8)

I didn't believe in flying saucers...until I triped a waitress.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived