Mooney Bravo Config HELP!

ayala

Hello i`m a new member and i need your help.As i plan to do an Around the world trip whit my favorite plane Mooney bravo i came acroos a problem i have a few leggs from my journey that are longer then my max distance.And i really wanna make this journey whit this plane.Can anyone help me tweak the config file and make the fuel tank bigger?I tryd do it alone but i probably do something wrong (in the config file i made the fuel tank of 195gallons and in FSX it`s still 95 gallons) i hope someone can help me.Thank you.

Did you change the correct number in the aircraft.cfg? I changed mine from 45.7 gal per tank to 90 gallons per tank. Be aware by adding extra fuel, you will be grossly over weight!

mooney.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

In the aircraft.cfg file, reduce the:

fuel_flow_scalar= from 1.0 to 0.9

or even a little bit less, 0.85 for example.

It will extend your range.

Make a backup of the aircraft.cfg before you start.

I keep the original version of cm aircraft.cfg in the aircraft's folder as:

"aircraft -0- orig.cfg"

backups of following versions then become:

"aircraft -1- more range.cfg"

etc.

Enjoy!

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Editing

Angle of the dangle=Tilt of the Kilt!

does not change the weight and balance of the aircraft.

But it will change the color of the textures to pink and put a set of Mick Jagger's lips on the pilot's door. Also makes the prop spin backwards. Did I forget anything?:p

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hello i`m a new member and i need your help.As i plan to do an Around the world trip whit my favorite plane Mooney bravo i came acroos a problem i have a few leggs from my journey that are longer then my max distance.And i really wanna make this journey whit this plane.Can anyone help me tweak the config file and make the fuel tank bigger?I tryd do it alone but i probably do something wrong (in the config file i made the fuel tank of 195gallons and in FSX it`s still 95 gallons) i hope someone can help me.Thank you.

1: Choose shorter legs

2: Lean mixture for minimum consumption

3: Fly at the most efficient altitude/Flight Level

4: Cheat, just add fuel as you fly using the fuel settings menu kindly illustrated by Mr Zippy. You can convince yourself this is the 50 gallon ferry tank you added to the cabin that needs hand transferring by manually opening the cocks and starting the electric pump to move the fuel into the main tanks.

This has the benefit of not amending anything that will cause a knock-on effect with other flight characteristics.

To start with the Mooney Bravo is 28 Lbs OVER weight limit. And it's underpowered (due to xyz) and doesn't resemble a 'true' Mooney. Try these tweaks below and report back with results. You DO have a fuel gauge to check TtoE and Range do you not? Get one.

Chuck B

Mooney Bravo: fuel consumption (range extension tweaks): 15Aug27. Napamule.

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]

max_gross_weight = 4400 //o=3368 // (pounds)

empty_weight = 2189 // (pounds)

//Useful Load= 2211 Lbs (Fuel=200 Gals/1320Lbs)(2211-1320=891 Lbs Bal)

//Total Sta Load= 573 Lbs (891-573= 318 Lbs Bal)

[fuel]

LeftMain= -4.0, -4.9, -0.8, 103.0, 3.0 //Ln,La,V(ft),Usable(gals), Unusable gals)

RightMain=-4.0, 4.9, -0.8, 103.0, 3.0 //Ln,La,V(ft),Usable(gals), Unusable gals)

fuel_type= 1 //Fuel type: 1 = Avgas, 2 = JetA

number_of_tank_selectors= 1

electric_pump= 1

[GeneralEngineData]

engine_type= 0 //0=Piston

Engine.0= 2.1, 0.0, 0.0 //(ft) lon, lat, vert dist from ref datum

fuel_flow_scalar= 0.3 //o=1.0 //Fuel flow scalar

min_throttle_limit= 0.0 //Min percent throttle. Gen neg for turbine reverser

[piston_engine]

power_scalar= 1.3 //o=1.0

max_rated_hp= 327 //o=270

[propeller]

thrust_scalar= 1.3 //o=1.0

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Now Chuck posted I suddenly notice I said it wrong. I said to reduce thrustspecificfuelconsumption= for extra range.

What I should have said is to reduce:

fuel_flow_scalar=

I will correct it in my original post also. Sorry. And thank you Chuck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Those 'trustspecifc...' lines are usually for fighter jets that have afterburners. No biggee.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived