ASA + Map!=incorrect outside Temperature?

Hello,

I noticed the outside temperature seems to be incorrect when I use Map!. For example, last night I was flying out of MIA and it showed it as 59F... In July, I believe it is about 80 or 90. I have just checked, and right now its 85. is Map! not "reading" the correct Temperature from ASA? Is there anyway to fix this?

ASA was on "manual weather" for the last few days (since I bought the program), so it was defaulting to the same 59 degrees when it was loaded (I think that the default temp in FSX). For some reason, I did not notice I was flying in the same type of weather at different airports across the world!

Once I set it to "live weather", it downloaded the current weather. It changed the temp to the correct 88F ON THE GROUND in MIA.

ASA was on "manual weather" for the last few days (since I bought the program), so it was defaulting to the same 59 degrees when it was loaded (I think that the default temp in FSX). For some reason, I did not notice I was flying in the same type of weather at different airports across the world!

Once I set it to "live weather", it downloaded the current weather. It changed the temp to the correct 88F ON THE GROUND in MIA.

GOOD JOB! Often people ask questions, state opinions, etc. then disappear! Which means the rest of us learn nothing, including whether the issue being discussed was ever corrected. I for one learn much more from an accurate report of solutions than from any other posts.

Thanks for telling us what you found! I'm sure it will save others many headaches in the future.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived