fsx

bonnie

hi

does any one know for real how to get acceleration to work without a load of techno babble

I have fsx gold plus acceleration disc all real, bona fide,genuine, paid for and legitamatly owned by me.

not pirated , stolen or otherwise obtained.but it had no code in the pack, neither did two other copies in the shop . this didn't matter as I didn't get on with the tower views so I abandoned the sim several years ago . recently someone uploaded some scenery with a higher tower view . so, I started to look again and while most airports still suffer from poor tower views I could now use some of the fsx downloads in the sim . but some wont work without acceleration .any way acceleration only works if I delete and reload it and then only once.

any answers would be gladly receive

r dawes aka bonnie

AFAIK in the FSX gold package, which is 2 discs for Deluxe and the third disc for Acceleration, there should be a product key for both. If you open the case that holds the discs there should be labels with the codes on them. If not, I would question the validity of the product.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I got it from a super market computer store and as I said 2 other copies in the store had no product key the delux loads and works the acceleration loads but only works once. as I said I did not get a pirate copy. as I am now retired on a pension the fs9 works well and I will not waste money from what is a bunch of thieves.prehaps a pirate copy should be the way to go. anyway the sounds and tower views in fsx suck.

regards

r dawes

Bonnie,

I don't doubt you bought it from a legit store. But without a activation code you can't activate.

Either the code should have been given to you at the checkout counter or maybe printed on the reciept.

Also possible the codes were in the boxes, but someone lifted them. It surprises me that you say there were no codes in the box, because that would mean you were able to open the boxes. The boxes are normally sold sealed, in shrinkwrap, with the code enclosed. When I bought my copy, I was expressly told that opening the box meant I could not return it. ((The code is enough to install from any DVD, so the code is what you really pay for.))

Anyway, it's all academic now. FSX Gold is no longer sold by Microsoft.

But FSX is now sold by Dovetail Games, through "Steam".

It's a download. costs 5 dollar at the moment.

And it is FSX including Acceleration.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I complained to the store manager at the time and he opened them they were all sealed with the price code. any way, that was 9 or so years ago and 2004 seemed to be more stable at the time. a pity as there seem to be some nice downloads for fsx.

is that 5 dollars for the whole thing. if so that could put pirates out of work

best wishes

r dawes

Archived