URGENT ASAP!! Fs/Computer won't allow me to fly in Full Screen

AidenMillar

Hi Guys,

So I've been having a few computer issues, and I thought I finally figured them out, until I started up a flight on FS2004. So I start up the flight, and it doesn't start it off in full screen, it starts it off where I can see at the top: Flight, Aircraft, ect... and at the bottom it has my tool bar. I go to views to try to put it in Full screen, and the full screen option is grayed out!!! It won't let me select it, and its bothering me, cause I love flying in full screen, and it also makes the graphics look awful. How do I fix this problem???

Sincerely,

Aiden

Hi,

I tried ALT+Enter, it made that "dinging" noise that Windows makes when it tells you that you can't perform whatever action. I tried it also after the "hard restart?" and it didn't work. This is just really bugging me.

Sincerely,

Aiden

Hello,

In the FS9.cfg check for this line: (FS2004 no running of course!)

[GRAPHICS]

FULL_SCREEN=1

If it's "0" ... put 1 and save

Hope it's help

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

The FS9.cfg is located in your Documents Folder, under 'Flight Simulator Files'. You may have to click on 'Show Hidden Files' in order to visually see the .cfg file.

Hope this helps (somewhat...)!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Hello,

So I went to Documents>FLight Sim Files, and I still couldn't find the Fs9.cfg. How do I find the option that allows me to show all hidden files? I looked through the list over and over again, and couldn't find it.

Sincerely,

The Captain

Wrong location.

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9

Go to Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab

Add check to "Show hidden files, folders and drives".

Remove check from "Hide extensions for known file types".

You need to do the later because you may find your FS9.cfg and an FS9.cfg.txt.

The FS9.cfg.txt serves no purpose and you can safely delete it.

Back up the FS9.cfg before editing it.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I am on a Microsoft Windows XP Desktop. I can't find the app data. Here's what my computer says:

C:\

Data Backup, MSFS, Documents and Settings, WINDOWS, Program Files

Which of these do I chose?

look for APPLICATION DATA. I have XP and my FSX.cfg uses this.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX

Try substituting FS9 for FSX

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

My apologies, Aiden & Bean, for sending you down the wrong path!

Alan :(

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

If you haven't found it already, then you need to open the search option on the start menu, then open the advanced search option, ticking the box that says "show all hidden folders and files".

Hope this helps if you are still stuck.

Make sure you enable hidden files & folders in Control Panel > Folder Options or you won't be able to see your fs9.cfg! I can't believe nobody's mentioned this yet! :)

What did my screenshot just show? ;)

What did Bean say in post# 8?

Hi Everyone,

Okay, so thank-you so much Mr.Zippy for showing me how to get to the location of showing hidden folders. So I FINALLY found the Fs9.cfg, and I opened it, turns out that the Full_Screen is actually equal to one, so thats obviously not the problem. What else could be the problem as to why it won't be in full screen?

Sincerely,

The Captain

Change HideMenuNormal=0 to 1 in the [MAIN] section of the fs9.cfg file, display it with the ALT key

See how this looks in your FS9.cfg

I have also seen many threads about deleting the FS9.cfg and start your Sim to let it build a new one. Maybe save a copy somewhere before you delete it.

Since you found your fs9.cfg, now you can at least make a copy then add trial & error tweaks to it. Look under (Main) heading and check what you have for the 1st two numbers in 'Location=' line. Try 4,4. (The '1275,991' numbers will vary). Go try 'Alt+Enter' (you will still get the sound but it's ok) to switch back and forth. Please report back.

(Main)

Location=4,4,1275,991

//Location=3,0,1275,995 //exited when in windowed mode

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived