Realistic Free Add-ons

mark_htfc

Hi everyone,

I am new to the site after finally seeing that FSX has been updated to work with Windows 8.1.

I am relatively new to MSFS but also not at the same time, I have owned FS since the 04 version but while I have played it in bits I have never put a lot of time into it and then when FSX stopped working with windows I took a hiatus from the flight sim scene. A couple of days ago though I wanted to see if I could work out how to get it working with 8.1, which then I came across FSX Steam Edition so it was a no brained to purchase it yesterday (especially for £4).

Anyway I am not really that experienced (I have only ever competed the first take off-landing tutorial mission) and then just messed about with the game. My dream though has always been to get good enough to fly a jetliner on a journey from UK to Australia.

As I'm going to be getting to grips with the game again, could anybody recommend me any mods that are free to make my game more realistic? (I.e air traffic controllers, baggage loading, passengers etc?), as I don't want to really buy mods until I can get full excitement and full use out of them.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Realistic and free is an oxymoron.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

I suggest you First Spend Your Time & Effort Learning What's Already In FSX. Do the tutorials, fly the missions, try different stock planes, learn to fly IFR, use the GPS, autopilot etc.

After you get comfortable with all that is already there, you will start to understand what you want that isn't already there. Then is when you can Spend Your Money while Making Good Purchase Decisions based on your needs. Which probably will be different than the needs of many or most others.

I wouldn't go out and buy stuff without first understanding what it does and whether it might work well with your goals and YOUR HARDWARE. Otherwise, you'll never really understand the basics, you'll probably buy things that give you no value, & you will likely never be satisfied with most of what you do buy.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived