AVSIM Down

mgh

Unavailable here for past two days as well. This is what I get:

[h=1]Service Unavailable[/h] The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Larry

It was working fine earlier today at http://forum.avsim.net/ but not now. If they are going to change things they should at least post a message before they make changes. Bob.

I'll ask Chase if he can have the technicians install something to force the hardware to send us an email the day before they decide to fail... :)

Seriously, some hardware is failing and/or has failed. Chase was able to get the system reconfigured to "Performance" (which is a maintenance mode) so that all of the critical functions will work, and was also able to get rid of the "503 errors" as well.

Service has been notified and hopefully will get out to the server site and get things fixed within a few days.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

I am sorry I made the comment. The site has been fine for me all along up until yesterday. The format of the page had changed. I assumed there was some permanent change in the format. When I always used http://forum.avsim.net I got a page that had an access to the Libraries, a list of my subscribed threads on the left and and a list of what was new on the right. I myself had never experienced any problem accessing that URL. I just accessed it and the format is still the same. I guess this is the Performance configuration. Please forgive me. Bob.

I think we need to cut the folks over at AVSIM a little slack. It's just been a few weeks since Tom Allensworth passed, and I'm sure it's taking the crew a little longer to react when there's a site problem or other issues.

AVSIM's Page Layout will be back to normal soon... please give them a little time.

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Hi, AVSIM staff posted a message about imminent server maintenance and expansion a few days ago, and said, that they wont be able to keep all services up and running.

The outage today was also announced, they have to take the site down and were unspecific about how long it will remain that way. They hoped that it would only take an hour, but things in IT seldom do what one hopes for.

Archived