Back when we flew...

northeast

I remember in 1980 waiting for the ship to take me from Portsmouth to Le Havre... There was a huge chunky Space Invaders console that I enjoyed for a few minutes... Who would have thought that 20 years later I would be using MFS and actually designing cockpits that were quite popular... And I saw (Yes - I know - "never start a sentence with and...but...or because") but I saw Microsoft FS get better and better...

And then we had FSX

OK - let's think about it...

They made the graphics better... The music was like a funeral... And we had to start all over again with our beloved aircraft collections... And the nav add-ons that were so good... Well...

Crash and burn.

FSX went the wrong way.

We want good quality flight sim without cartoon searches for lost elephants... We want support for the good add-ons that non-Microsoft geniouses developed for free... Microsoft - You have a following... ASK US WHAT WE WANT!

Not sure who this post is for, but if it is for Microsoft, then you are about 8 years too late. Microsoft has been out of the flight sim business for years now.
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I'm just surprised after 16 years of his account being idle, he was actually able to re log in.

Bet he never logged out! Maybe he emailed Nels and got his account reactivated.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Who knows...with the leak at Build 2015 and tweet an hour ago from the Windows division, certainly a lot of talk about a product that doesn't exist.

Maybe they got the hint and now have the rest of the world for us....

oh yeah and an SDK. Go HoloLens!

Could be that... though one has to imagine they need a test bed for DX12 and traditionally FS did kind of serve that role before they got into the Xbox era. Much like this WebGL demo...

I doubt there is any chance any of the games Microsoft Studios is officially working on would ever use a brand new DX that's built from the ground up and probably has code breaking changes every few weeks.

Who knows fingers crossed for E3....because if anything needs the CPU overhead reduction in a game we all know which one that is.

Archived