F-keys don't work

Hello!

You know in FSX, when you press F7 it changes the flaps?

Well, on my laptop, for some reason, when I press down the F7 key, the flaps won't change. It is really annoying, especially when I am on final a I want to see how well I do. It is not only F7, but all the F-keys. This only happens in FSX, not when I'm on the internet and stuff like that.

Any answers would be apprieciated.

Thanks!

Daniel

Since I don't know your computer, I'll make generic suggestions. Often there's a FUNCTION (or maybe FN) key that is kind of like a SHIFT key, and it must be held down while pressing certain keys. Perhaps you have (as my keyboard does) a F.LOCK key which, when operated, locks the F-keys into F mode, rather than some other function on them. Or, perhaps, as mrzippy says, there might have been something you installed that messed up (or reassigned) certain keys.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Since I don't know your computer, I'll make generic suggestions. Often there's a FUNCTION (or maybe FN) key that is kind of like a SHIFT key, and it must be held down while pressing certain keys. Perhaps you have (as my keyboard does) a F.LOCK key which, when operated, locks the F-keys into F mode, rather than some other function on them. Or, perhaps, as mrzippy says, there might have been something you installed that messed up (or reassigned) certain keys.

Hi!

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series with AMD A6.

Thanks!

Daniel

Archived