Trouble Installing FS9 Cal Classics VBF Convair 240 into FSX

HoggyDog

I installed the Basepack cv240vbfca18_basepack_010.zip but it doesn't show up at all in FSX as a selectable aircraft. I have another livery that I want to install, but until I can get the base airplane to even show up, there's not much point in struggling with liveries.

Looking in the Panel.cfg for the basefile model, it is aliased to a choice of two panels: "alias=C182\panel" or "alias=240pnlKMCC", both of which are non-existent. I'm not sure how a missing panel could stop the airplane from even showing up to select, though. I added a line to aircraft.cfg saying "ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner" to see if that would force it to at least show up under that category on the FSX aircraft selection screen, but it still didn't.

According to the readme in this file, I have to install the FSX-compatible panel from Cal Classics website, so I went there, read the instructions clearly stating that I needed to install the American Airlines 240 basefile, and got file cv-240_ca18.zip, which claims to be a complete model in American Airlines livery. However, all it has in it is a set of 3 folders corresponding to 3 models of the 240, and in those folders is just an aircraft.cfg, cv240.air and 2 versions (.txt & .pdf) of the Ref file- no Model, Textures, Sound or Panel folders at all. So it can't be the full-model "basepack" file its description says it is, and the "panel=" line in all 3 aircraft.cfg files is blank: just "panel=" which implies that the panel folder is just named "Panel..." But there is no "Panel folder, as I said.

I read a thread here on how to install FS9 airplanes into FSX, but it was very short and didn't help at all. I also Googled it and didn't find anything helpful or even applicable. At this point, I'm stumped. Is anyone familiar with this particular model and how to install it, and what piece-parts (or edits) it needs to show up as a selectable airplane? After it at least shows up, then I can try to figure out how to get an FSX panel for it and add the livery which is the entire reason I got this thing in the first place.

Thanks-

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

You need a panel for it to show up, that should do it really.

Try aliasing it to an existing FSX panel, like the C172 (or maybe better the DC3?), instead of the FS9 C182.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

I downloaded the base pack from Cal Classics, and it does include the whole plane,

including American textures, sound, and panel.

But the install exe is a problem.. Doesn't properly find the right folders in FSX..

And once you unzip it all, you have to manually place the stuff into the right folders

for it to work.

The best way would be to run the exe and install onto your drive letter, and let it

install into the "aircraft" folder as it will want to make. Within that folder, you will see

a bunch of other folders.. The "CV-240 CA-18" folder is the FSX aircraft folder as you

would normally see it. Copy that to your FSX/simobjects/aircraft folder.

Next you will need to install the sounds, which are in the folder "PropSound".

Move all those into the airplanes sound folder, and overwrite the existing sound.cfg.

Next, you will need to install the panel which is in the "240pnlKMCC" folder.

Copy all the files from that folder, *not including subfolders*, and paste them into the

airplanes panel folder, overwriting the existing panel.cfg.

Then you need to copy the panel dll's from the "FSX Conversion" folder, and place

them into the fsx/gauges folder. On mine, it wanted to overwrite a newer "dsd_xml_config.gau" that I had , with an older version. I didn't let it, as I didn't want

to possibly mess up a previously installed plane using the newer version gauge.

That's all I needed to do to get it up and running.. There are other tweaks you can

do, but I'll leave those up to you.. IE: different model versions, etc..

Even using the newer version dsd_xml_config.gau, mine seems to be working OK in

the short term, but it may cause a problem I wouldn't see until later.. I dunno..

Everything seems to be working as far as I can tell with the panel gauges and sound

so far.

Everything you need to get it running is in the second base pack you downloaded.

Disregard the first.. But you have to "unzip" everything using the exe, and then

manually install the panel, sounds, and gauge dll's.

I would not install into FSX directly as it won't install into the correct folders.

I installed the exe (and readme/pdf files) into a temp folder ('cb240 cac files'). It will extract to a 'aircraft' folder (which it creates). No problem. Under the 'aircraft' folder is the 'cv240VBFca18' folder. I moved to my 'SimObjects' folder. Copied the panel folder (jet panel but it works ok with props) and C130 Hercules sound folder. Looks good in FSX (see pic). It's a 'dog' to fly. Needs lots of pitch trim to rotate. Cut throttle and it dives (not good for landings). Add throttle and it pitches up. Needs +8.0 (due to 30% power on approach) to keep nose up on final. Needs work (sorry VBF).

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: This is for FS2004 and 'not texted in other...' (FSX). The VC camera view is wrong, too.

CB240 CAC 01.JPG

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I just did the download and easily used the panel and sound folders from the C-46A that you should still have. Worked like a charm! Downloading the Ethiopian Livery to try.

Ethiopian.JPG

Just in case, if you are using the Ethiopian texture download from Flyawaysimulations, be aware that it is also an auto-installer that you wil need to point to a folder you create. Once that is done, the only thing you need from that is the folder called eth-ET-T-22_01.

Here is the [fltsim] you need to add.

[fltsim.1]
title=CV-240 CAC Ethiopian Airlines
sim=cv240
model=cv240_side
panel=
sound=
texture=eth_ET-T-22_01
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=CV240_ref
ui_manufacturer=Convair
ui_type=CV-240 VBF CA-18
ui_variation=Convair CV-240 prototype (1947)
description=Convair CV-240-1 in House Colors of Consolidated Aircraft Corp., No. 1 in production line, first flight March 16, 1947, used by Convair as a demonstrator, 1948 reregistered N24501, converted to Convair CV240-21 in December 1950, delivered to General Motors Corporation on April 13, 1951, was sold to several companies until it was bought by Karvair on December 26, 1986 where it was withdrawn from use and broken up at Opa Locka, Florida \n\nOriginal by Greg Pepper & Tom Gibson, upgraded by Georg Hauzenberger (model) and Hans Hermann (textures) Virtual Birds Factory, August 2010
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=NX90849
atc_airline=Ethiopian
atc_flight_number=001
atc_parking_types=GATE
prop_anim_ratio=0.9

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You need a panel for it to show up, that should do it really.

Try aliasing it to an existing FSX panel, like the C172 (or maybe better the DC3?), instead of the FS9 C182.

That's what I love about this community: every time I ask a question I learn something new. I had NO idea that lack of a panel would prevent the model from showing up! Earlier this month I installed a C-46 with no panel to speak of and it showed up right off the bat. Without a panel, but it did show up.

Thanks for that crucial info, which did not appear in ANY of the threads I found on installing FS9 airplanes into FSX.!

Like I keep saying...They Don't Tell You Everything. THAT is why this forum is here. Otherwise, if you knew everything, the forum would be like a chat room instead of a working 'garage'. You come in here because you need diagnostic, parts (replacement?), tools, and then a test drive. We got that-Ha. And more.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I downloaded the base pack from Cal Classics, and it does include the whole plane, including American textures, sound, and panel.

I re-downloaded the AA basefile cv-240_ca18.zip from CaC, ran the exe and pointed it to a temp folder, and this time it contains what the file description says it contains: full model, panel, gauges, etc. as you say. Apparently, I got a corrupted download last night.

But the install exe is a problem.. Doesn't properly find the right folders in FSX. And once you unzip it all, you have to manually place the stuff into the right folders for it to work.

I did at least know that. :D I always extract FS9 stuff into temp folders and install manually from there.

let [the exe] install into the "aircraft" folder as it will want to make. Within that folder, you will see a bunch of other folders.. The "CV-240 CA-18" folder is the FSX aircraft folder as you would normally see it. Copy that to your FSX/simobjects/aircraft folder.

Actually, the AA basefile cv-240_ca18.zip, is NOT a VBF-tweaked model according to its name and description. Unless I absolutely have to do it, I don't want to install the AA basefile model at all- I want to install/fly the VBF-tweaked cv240vbfca18_basepack_010.zip flight model that should mitigate the "it's a dog to fly" issues, and just use the panel from the AA basefile as mandated (but not detailed) in the readme instructions for the cv240vbfca18_basepack_010.zip model that I actually want to install.

Everything you need to get it running is in the second base pack you downloaded. Disregard the first.

Pardon my confusion, but since I do NOT want to fly the airplane in the second base pack, and I DO want to fly the airplane in the first base pack, is there a compelling reason why I can't just install the panel from the second ("AA") base pack into the VBF model from cv240vbfca18_basepack_010.zip? The livery I want to use, which is the only reason I wanted this model in the first place, is the Ethiopian Air Lines livery contained in file cv240vbfca18_eth_et-t-22_01.zip, which is supposedly ONLY compatible with the upgraded/tweaked model in the VBF basefile, and specifically NOT compatible with the original model, ie the AA model in the second basepack.

Thanks.

Under the 'aircraft' folder is the 'cv240VBFca18' folder. [...] a 'dog' to fly. Needs lots of pitch trim to rotate. Cut throttle and it dives (not good for landings). Add throttle and it pitches up. Needs +8.0 (due to 30% power on approach) to keep nose up on final. Needs work (sorry VBF).

Aaaaaugh! I intitially misread your post and thought you had installed the non-VBF original model as MBKHOU did. Now I see that it's the model I need in order to apply the Ethiopian Air Lines livery that's "a dog to fly." :mad:

Over in this thread, peer01 pointed me to this Convair and a thread where JanKees flew one of these on a Cairo to Luxor trip and posted some stunning shots of it... I wonder if he found some tweaks that made it more realistically flyable?

I really, REALLY want an Ethiopian Air Lines paint for Manfred Jahn's great C-47 v2, and this Convair has the right livery... but not so good for me if it's basically unflyable... :(

Guess I'll just keep plugging away trying to install a panel in it so I can try to fly it, and see for myself. Thanks for the info anyway. Arf, arf.

Pardon my confusion, but since I do NOT want to fly the airplane in the second base pack, and I DO want to fly the airplane in the first base pack, is there a compelling reason why I can't just install the panel from the second ("AA") base pack into the VBF model from cv240vbfca18_basepack_010.zip?

I would think it should work.

It's a 'dog' to fly. Needs lots of pitch trim to rotate. Cut throttle and it dives (not good for landings). Add throttle and it pitches up. Needs +8.0 (due to 30% power on approach) to keep nose up on final. Needs work (sorry VBF).

Because I initially misread your post, I thought I would come back after finally getting this airplane, and the Ethiopian Air Lines livery for it, installed and working.

Just as you said, it is a dog to fly. I am not especially ham-fisted as a pilot, and I'm able to hand-fly almost anything relatively smoothly... but this airplane is, sadly, basically unflyable for me. Everything you said is true, in spades, PLUS you can't even taxi it properly because the nosewheel steering is oversensitive and does not return to straight ahead when you center the rudder/tiller controls but instead keeps turning... so basically you follow a serpentine path down the taxiway trying to get it under control. :mad:

Exactly as you warned, it "needs work." :( Wish I had the skills to fix it.

Hummm. The version I installed didn't seem too awful funky in the short time I flew it.

But I didn't spend much time at all testing it.. Just took off and doubled back to the

airport and landed. But I didn't seem to notice anything too peculiar with the flight

model offhand.. And with the one I tried, the ground steering was the opposite

from what you saw. It was sluggish to turn on the ground, instead of being overly

sensitive, and it returned to center, although a bit sluggishly..

But I'll try it again later tonight when I get the chance..

Been busy with puter updates and the painful spending of cashflow.. :(

I've been using an older AMD Phenom II quad core at 3.5 ghz for a good while,

and also have been a holdout and still using Win XP. I finally decided to get with the

program and update the OS to Win 7, more for the ability to run 64 bit than anything.

But the only Win 7 I could buy was OEM, which means once it's installed on a mother-

board, it's stuck and can't be installed on later boards. You can only change CPU, Drives,

etc.. So I thought, well that ain't worth a dang, being as I ponder a puter upgrade in

the not too distant future, and sure as heck don't need to buy the OS twice.

So after further ponderation, and prodding by a Fry's puter bundle deal which ends

tonight, I just went out and bought most of a new puter. And then I ordered Win 7 Pro,

which was also on sale for $30 less, which ends tonight. Dang.. it all takes a bite don't it..

But.. I'll be running a much more capable FS puter if I can get all this mess to work

without undo mayhem in the next few days. I'm probably also gonna buy another

blank hard drive just to freshly install Win 7 on.. Hope I don't have any issues trying

the run the FSX copies that I have on other drives. Should be able to get it to work..

I hope..

The new puter will be an i7 4790, which is 3.6 ghz/4ghz turbo.. And the bundle came

with a liquid cooler, so I might be able to bump to 4.4 ghz if the board will let me, and

it should, being a gamer type board..

I really would have preferred a I7 4790k, for more O/C options, but they wouldn't let

me upgrade to that CPU with the bundle deal.. But the I7 4790 should be fairly good

compared to what I have now. It's more than double the bench scores.. Almost triple

if run over 4 ghz.. And going to 64 bit OS will let me use a lot more memory for FSX

than the 32 bit XP, and I'll be able to run much dense scenery than I have previous.

But now I'll be dealing with mayhem over the next few days trying to get all this stuff

to run right with the new OS, etc..

Going to Win 7 will give me to option to go to Win 10 when it comes out, but the

plan for now is to stick with Win 7. At least until I'm totally certain Win 10 wouldn't

cause FSX mayhem and discontent. :mad: And even then, I'll probably back up 7

on another drive just in case it doesn't work out.

And I do have FSX-SE too, which is another FSX option.

Anyway, I'll let you know more about the plane behavior on the one I installed later on..

It's the base pack with American paint. I don't recall it acting too much like what you

both are describing, unless I didn't fly it enough to notice it.

Hogg,

I know how to fix it. It's what I do. I will need 2 days, so should be able to get new FDEs 'compiled' by tuesday the 28th. I will PM you when they are ready.

Chuck B

Napamule

the only Win 7 I could buy was OEM, which means once it's installed on a mother-board, it's stuck and can't be installed on later boards. You can only change CPU, Drives, etc.. So I thought, well that ain't worth a dang, being as I ponder a puter upgrade in the not too distant future, and sure as heck don't need to buy the OS twice.

Hey Buddy! Psst! Don't tell anybody what I'm about to whisper into your ear...

I had a Gigabyte Z77-D3H mobo with an i5-3570K 3.4GHz CPU, a 500GB HDD and a GTX570 video adapter, running Windows 7 Home Premium installed from an OEM DvD. It all came crashing down one dark and stormy night. Best I could tell, approximately 2.76 nanoseconds after the lightning strike fried the surge protector, it totaled everything in the computer except the power supply (huh?), RAM sticks and the processor itself.

So, I bought everything new, all of it upgrades- ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Mobo, 64GB SSD for my system drive (Windows), 256GB SSD for my games including FSX, a 2TB HDD for all my user folders, downloads and backups, and a sparkly new GTX970 Video card.

I then proceeded to install Windows 7 OEM onto the new SSD, and activated it with Microsoft- no hassles at all, probably because the CPU itself was the same even though everything else was new. So I'm thinking that you can re-activate OEM W7 as long as at least ONE of the key identifiable components is the same- not just if the mobo is the same.

I'm probably also gonna buy another blank hard drive just to freshly install Win 7 on.. Hope I don't have any issues trying the run the FSX copies that I have on other drives. Should be able to get it to work..

Consider using an SSD for your System Drive (C: drive, Windows). It's a major speedup of everything- my boot time went from 25-30 seconds to 15-18 seconds. Also, installing all my games onto another SSD was another speedup for me, and having only the System files on one drive and everything else on other drives greatly simplifies horrible "fixes" such as reinstalling Windows if that ever becomes necessary down the road.

I'll let you know more about the plane behavior on the one I installed later on.. It's the base pack with American paint. I don't recall it acting too much like what you both are describing, unless I didn't fly it enough to notice it.

In order to use the Ethiopian Air Lines livery that is the only reason I even want a Convair 240, it has to be the later "VBF-tweaked" version. The EAL livery is not applicable to the original Cal Classics model, which is the AA version you're talking about. According to the description, VBF changed pretty much everything about the model. Based on what you're saying about the original flying better than the "tweaked" version, the tweaks did more harm than good... ???

Hogg,

I know how to fix it. It's what I do. I will need 2 days, so should be able to get new FDEs 'compiled' by tuesday the 28th. I will PM you when they are ready.

Chuck B

Napamule

snoopy_happy_dance.jpg

Thank you!

I am on it.

code monkey.gif

So I'm thinking that you can re-activate OEM W7 as long as at least ONE of the key identifiable components is the same- not just if the mobo is the same.

Maybe I'll get lucky next time I upgrade, assuming I stay on Win 7, and don't go

to Win 10 later on.

Consider using an SSD for your System Drive (C: drive, Windows). It's a major speedup of everything- my boot time went from 25-30 seconds to 15-18 seconds. Also, installing all my games onto another SSD was another speedup for me, and having only the System files on one drive and everything else on other drives greatly simplifies horrible "fixes" such as reinstalling Windows if that ever becomes necessary down the road.

I considered that, but I need to retire one of my old drives which has two partitions,

and was an old boot drive, with a lot of other stuff on the other partition.

Being I want to retire it before it flakes out, I want to backup all the stuff from

the 2nd partition onto the newer drive.. So I bought another 2 TB drive, which is

replacing an old 500 gb drive. I'm going to split this drive up like the old one, and

backup all the stuff from the 2nd part of the old drive to this new one.

The new one, I may split 50/50, where as the old one was about 127gb/337gb..

So extra room on both partitions vs the old one. I'm not too worried about boot

times, when it only several seconds longer.. Need the extra space more.

I use space like crazy for my other stuff, and have several multi TB drives.

I am kinda worried about re-installing FSX.. Sorta.. After doing some research,

I don't think I can run my old copies of FSX, which I have one as my everyday sim

and 3 more on other drives as backups. Everything I read seems to indicate I will

need to re-install it first being the OS will be 64 bit, and then copy over the present

files.

What worries me, is I think I've done about three installs using my present "FSX Gold"

DVD's, and I hope it doesn't squawk when I try to validate and say I've used up my

allocation of installs.. In theory, I should be able to call in and get a new code if that

happens. I think... but not sure. That's gonna be irritating if I can't reinstall FSX

Gold. Can't buy new disks without paying extortion prices I bet.. And besides, I think

I should be able to validate for as long as I want. Particularly when the only reason

is I'm changing the OS and hardware. I've got to wait a few days for the Win 7 pro

to get here.. So I'm taking my time building the new system. I bought a new case

when I got the new HD yesterday, so the plan is to keep the old box fairly intact for

a backup and alternate user.. I do want to get it running fairly soon though, so I can

make sure all the hardware is OK, in case I need to do a store return on anything.

In order to use the Ethiopian Air Lines livery that is the only reason I even want a Convair 240, it has to be the later "VBF-tweaked" version. The EAL livery is not applicable to the original Cal Classics model, which is the AA version you're talking about. According to the description, VBF changed pretty much everything about the model. Based on what you're saying about the original flying better than the "tweaked" version, the tweaks did more harm than good... ???

Seems to me the air file and aircraft.cfg be used for either. And also seems to me,

the liveries could be swapped between the two, unless there is some drastic difference

in the exterior model that makes it a no go. I still haven't had a chance to fly the one

I have any more than I did.. Maybe tomorrow I can get to it if I can get done with

work fairly early. Maybe napamule can rig up a better air file/cfg.. I can also tweak

the one I have if I see something irregular. I know how to fix em too.. :)

For one thing, I think the rudder/aileron settings seemed a tad too sluggish on the

one I have. I know it's supposed to feel a tad heavy, but they may have got a tad

carried away on that part. I'm not sure what or who VBF is.. Never heard of em.

At the risk of repetition. I have installed my FSX Gold box, including Acceleration on four (4) totally different computers using the same activation number. Each one is/was my own computer. They were just changed because I wanted newer or different equipment.

Today I have two (2) totally separate computers running on that same activation number. I use one computer for when I fly with my yoke. And the other for when I use my joystick.

Every time I start out with a new machine, I go online and activate both programs with no problem. I have never cancelled an activation and never had a problem. And not one of these other three computers has an original piece from the first one I activated.

Some other software I use has had to be cancelled on a specific machine before I could use it on another. But FSX Gold and Acceleration never have had that issue.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

At the risk of repetition. I have installed my FSX Gold box, including Acceleration on four (4) totally different computers using the same activation number. Each one is/was my own computer. They were just changed because I wanted newer or different equipment.

Today I have two (2) totally separate computers running on that same activation number. I use one computer for when I fly with my yoke. And the other for when I use my joystick.

Every time I start out with a new machine, I go online and activate both programs with no problem. I have never cancelled an activation and never had a problem. And not one of these other three computers has an original piece from the first one I activated.

Some other software I use has had to be cancelled on a specific machine before I could use it on another. But FSX Gold and Acceleration never have had that issue.

That's good to hear. I've never had FSX rejected yet either. But I had heard a few

stories of ones that did run into this problem, and had to jump hoops trying to get

activated. At the moment, I have it on both my house puter, and I slapped it on my

laptop to see how it would run 2-3 years ago. But the laptop is so slow that I ended

up rarely ever using it. The only way you could get a decent frame rate was to turn

all the scenery settings down to the lowest settings. I think the largest issue was the

puny video that thing has.. It's a single core Pentium 1.73 ghz.

I remember I did a second re-install on this box after I did the laptop, and had no

issues. The Win 7 shipped out today from newegg. I'm hoping it gets here by the end

of the week. They say the ship is 4-7 biz days..

According to what I read, I'm gonna have to reinstall almost every program I run when I

go to 64 bit. What a pain.. :mad: I was hoping there was some way you could just

copy the registry entries over, but I guess not according to the jibber jabber I see on the

web.

And also seems to me, the liveries could be swapped between the two, unless there is some drastic difference in the exterior model that makes it a no go.

Firstly, I haven't tested texture compatibility myself because I don't want to install the non-VBF original model (the AA basepack you have). According to the file description, VBF altered the exterior model to improve its accuracy, specifically mentioning the vertical stabilizer contours. This is why textures for the original model won't work on the VBF model, and why the Ethiopian Air Lines texture, which is designed specifically for the VBF version, won't work on the AA (original) version that you have.

I'm not sure what or who VBF is.. Never heard of em.

VBF=Virtual Bird Factory. Go to this CalClassic page and look at the second Western Air Lines CV-240 down the list- the one with this blurb on it: "FS2004 Western Air Lines CV-240 CB-16 VBF Base Pack. Hans Hermann and Georg Hauzenberger at Virtual Bird Factory (VBF) have also created a CB-16 version, painted in the colors of Western Air Lines. Looks great! The textures are not compatible with the original Greg Pepper model. You must download and install the American CV-240 Base Pack above to have panel and sounds."

Now look at the fin profile on this model, and compare it to the other CV-240 models on the page- you can readily see that all the other fins are more "pointy" at the top, plus they lack the horizontal aft protrusion at the base of the fin that is apparent on this model.

It's not just the 'name' of the model that causes texture conflict. It's the model itself, so there is no 'fix' for that incompatability. Yeah, you can use 'any' cfg and air file. But that's not the way to do it. Not in my book.

I need another day before I upload the FDEs. Went and got involved with 'converting' it to turbo prop and just got finished (flys good) but need to fly it to iron out any 'wrinkles'. The upload will contain both the piston version and the turbo prop version so you can choose which to fly (either or both). They will work the same. Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

Firstly, I haven't tested texture compatibility myself because I don't want to install the non-VBF original model (the AA basepack you have). According to the file description, VBF altered the exterior model to improve its accuracy, specifically mentioning the vertical stabilizer contours. This is why textures for the original model won't work on the VBF model, and why the Ethiopian Air Lines texture, which is designed specifically for the VBF version, won't work on the AA (original) version that you have.

Now look at the fin profile on this model, and compare it to the other CV-240 models on the page- you can readily see that all the other fins are more "pointy" at the top, plus they lack the horizontal aft protrusion at the base of the fin that is apparent on this model.

Then it wouldn't work. I didn't know if the models were actually different or not,

being I haven't seen the VBF version.

As far as the cfg and air file, it would be OK if they are the same model, and

it still might be OK if they only made minor visual tweaks.. But there could be

differences in contact points, etc, etc, if they really changed things, so it all

depends.

Also didn't know they made different piston and turboprop versions, so that

would be a definite difference there as far as the engines.

I'm not much up on CV-240's..

I like my trusty Beech 18 and Spartan Executive when it comes to the old

props. Don't really fly any of the bigger ones much, including the DC-3, etc..

I made a turbo prop version just for kicks. Might not be 'real', of course, so it's just for fun. I wanted to see if the turbo prop air file would make it fly better. You be the judge. The model WAS originally for FS9, so limitations would apply (ie: prop behind clouds is still there, but a prop texture from Bannana Bob would fix that, I imagine).

I just now (4 am PST) uploaded it and it seems that the files for April 30th have already been posted, so it will be there tomorrow. Alway a day late and a dollar short!

Chuck B

Napamule

The FDEs were posted today after all, so they are available now. So far 81 downloads. Go get them. I include the thumbnails ('Piston' and 'Turbo Prop' text in pic) so that part is a 'bonus' (hehe). Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

The FDEs were posted today after all, so they are available now. So far 81 downloads. Go get them. I include the thumbnails ('Piston' and 'Turbo Prop' text in pic) so that part is a 'bonus' (hehe). Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

WooHoo, thanks, downloaded them and can't wait to try them!

However, I'm having a problem getting a panel to fly with. I carefully followed the instructions that came with the "basefile" that supposedly contains the panel- cv-240_ca18.zip, the "basefile" for the ORIGINAL model in the AA livery. I'm supposed to use the KMCC panel. I did my best to install it, but my panel looks like this:

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u484/Hoggy_Dog/2015-5-1_14-21-57-484.png

Just not going to be doing much flying like that. I tried aliasing it to the MJ C-47 V2 airplane, but since that only has a VC and no 2D panel, that didn't work. So, I'm just at a standstill, dying to fly this but unable to.

Thanks a bunch for your work, I'm sure I'll eventually get SOME panel to work in this airplane...

Archived