anyway to reinstall just default aircraft?

gdr1944

Do you know were the aircraft/sound/texture/panel cab files are caus I looked?

Checked all 3 CD's (disk1,2 and acceleration)

SimObjects 1 and 2, I opened the CAB files and for some reason not all the necessary 172 files are listed.

This may not be right..Could someone send me the all default 172sp files?

Army Engineer Veteran..Busted for insubordination Nam-1966 :cool:

Just for that situation, I have a complete back up folder of a virgin FSX install plus I have a back up of the default aircraft folder. It comes in handy when fooling around with panel files, etc.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Why can't we just send him the files?

They are not yours to distribute. That's why. Read the EULA you signed. Doing so is unnecessary and makes you a pirate.

And as has been advised so many, many times have a vanilla backup of FSX just for these incidents. If you don't then a repair reinstall is your only option, and just hope there aren't any files overwritten that have been subsequently modified by addons, or else you've got a world of pain coming.

@gdr1944: I asume you have the original CD's? I installed on a second PC (or an Laptop) the unregistered Version (switched off after 30 minutes). There are all the default aircrafts. If you don't have a second laptop eventually a friend. After doing so you could delete the unregistered version.

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

They are not yours to distribute. That's why. Read the EULA you signed. Doing so is unnecessary and makes you a pirate.

And as has been advised so many, many times have a vanilla backup of FSX just for these incidents. If you don't then a repair reinstall is your only option, and just hope there aren't any files overwritten that have been subsequently modified by addons, or else you've got a world of pain coming.

I'm sure software companies won't mind us sending each other the odd corrupted file replacement now and again, and won't regard us as "pirates".

For example to their credit a big wargame company recently gave me permission to give my whole copy of one of their games to my young nephew regardless of what their EULA says.

As regarding FSX backups, what if our backup disk or hard drive fails? (it does happen).

I'm sure most of us would ask a chum to send us a file replacement rather than buy a new FSX.

PS- I believe the original poster has now got a replacement aircraft file from somewhere..;)

@gdr1944: I asume you have the original CD's? I installed on a second PC (or an Laptop) the unregistered Version (switched off after 30 minutes). There are all the default aircrafts. If you don't have a second laptop eventually a friend. After doing so you could delete the unregistered version.

DUH....Of course, I have a real nice XP...Just getting old I guess.

Install, grab it, Delete....

Thanks to all for info..

Complaining about Sending files is like expalling a 10yr old for making a gun sign with his hand.

I just remembered my High School Mascot is a Pirate.

The install to XP is a good idea.

Gerry R.

Army Engineer Veteran..Busted for insubordination Nam-1966 :cool:

Archived