More realistic?

AidenMillar

Hey guys!

So I have upgraded almost all the airports I fly to in FS2004, I have downloaded all the world of ai packages (although I'm not impressed cause they're all a few years behind), and I have all my favorite planes. What downloads do you guys suggest I use to make my fs2004 more realistic? I fly a lot of international flights. Do you guys also know where I can download some freeware for ground vehicle that move and "operate" on aircraft?

Thanks,

-Aiden

Hey guys!

.............................., I have downloaded all the world of ai packages (although I'm not impressed cause they're all a few years behind),.........................

-Aiden

Freeware, made by people giving up their free time to make them for your enjoyment. Not impressed?, make your own. Or use the Alpha India packages.

I see people make this kind of statement all of the time...

...all the world of ai packages (although I'm not impressed cause they're all a few years behind)...

...and have to wonder if anyone would really know that or complain about it if the date was not in the file name.

I was always just happy to see something besides Orbit at every airport.

Not picking on Aiden, just some random musings.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hey guys!

where I can download some freeware for ground vehicle that move and "operate" on aircraft?

Thanks,

-Aiden

If you are referring to vehicles like food service trucks, custom baggage conveyors, and the like, you probably not going to find those. You will need a payware like Ground Services X, if it's available for FS2004.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Ground services use Aerosoft AES (although it's developer is extremely greedy and only works on certain airports). There is a Russian system that let's you use Soviet built airstairs and baggage ladders to your airplane but it might look odd in your location.

I have a feeling your FS9 will crash a lot since you seem to be cluttering it with all sorts of addons... Just keep it simple, the more lines of code you add to a program (aka addons), the less stable the program will be.

Here's what I recommend...

Environment

REX for airport concrete/asphalt/markings/lights

HDEv2 for clouds

FE9G ( http://calclassic.proboards.com/thread/6945/fe9g-released ) for sky textures, lens flare, and ENB + SweetFX

Ground Environment Pro for Ground Textures

FS9 Evo (search at AVSIM) for water

Ultimate Terrain for Night Lights

My wing vortice files :)

Weather

Active Sky Evolution

FSUIPC

Airports/Airport Environment

AES

FlyTampa

Flightbeam

Imaginesim

FSDT

Many, many others

Aircraft

Level D 767

iFly 737/747

PMDG MD-11

Anything HJG

DF 727

CS 757

Calclassic

Many many other files, freeware and payware, available at your leisure

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Environment

HDEv2 for clouds

FE9G ( http://calclassic.proboards.com/thread/6945/fe9g-released ) for sky textures, lens flare, and ENB + SweetFX

Weather

Active Sky Evolution

FSUIPC

AES

FlyTampa

Flightbeam

Imaginesim

FSDT

Many, many others

Aircraft

Level D 767

iFly 737/747

PMDG MD-11

Anything HJG

DF 727

CS 757

Calclassic

..... All for $19.95 (plus shipping and handling) ..... but that's not all. If you act now, you'll get a copy of FSX thrown in for FREE (Just pay additional shipping and handling)!

Operators are standing by to accept your call!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

..... All for $19.95 (plus shipping and handling) ..... but that's not all. If you act now, you'll get a copy of FSX thrown in for FREE (Just pay additional shipping and handling)!

Operators are standing by to accept your call!

Prepare your wallets... Addons are coming :pilot:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Environment

HDEv2 for clouds

Weather

Active Sky Evolution

FSUIPC

AES

FlyTampa

Flightbeam

Imaginesim

FSDT

Many, many others

Aircraft

Level D 767

iFly 737/747

PMDG MD-11

Anything HJG

DF 727

CS 757

Calclassic

Many many other files, freeware and payware, available at your leisure

Save yourself some money and forget REX and GePro. Evo's textures cover both in my opinion are better then GePro's. plus come with airport, runway, markings, clouds etc. if you don't like the clouds, try HDE. Don't like the runways and markings, try some freeware ones. But you'll be happy with it I'm sure.

Plus Evo has night lights. Hard on fps, but nice nonetheless.

The WOAI team (of very few people) takes submitted plans such as from AIG and MRAI and packages them with the AI models they recommend or newer saving the job of downloading the aircraft to match the plan and creating the traffic file. These are tested packages.

I see many packages for 2014 seasons to 2010. Remember that the plans are contributed.

I recall they were going to shut down the site for lack of plan availability but plan contributions increased after the notice was posted.

Some airlines particularly smaller regionals do not update very often so while of an early date those packages may still be current.

Another difficulty is keeping up with mergers and acquisitions such as NWA being merged into Delta which requires new paints,etc., replacing the NWA models. WOAI sometimes pulls the old packages referring to the updated ones.

With all of these changes WOAI does a very nice job IMHO.Their AI packages create a nice traffic ambience.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys,

First of all I'm not saying that I'm not impressed with WOI cause I love it to death! I just wish that they would keep it updated, and all of the airlines fleets would be updated and such. Thanks for the advice on scenery and such! Like I've tried other AI Traffic programs, but I don't know how to operate any of them except for the WOI one cause its so easy.

-Aiden

Then you should download some more updated flightplans, download the aircraft base models and textures and install them all correctly. Then learn how to use TTools or AIFP and create your own traffic.bgl's.

When you realise what it takes to get it all correct perhaps you will understand why WOAI might not be as current as you like.

A few things I use,

HD Moon (looks like this), freeware mesh by Stephen Rothlisberger (not the best, but better than default), Supression flight 3D Contrails (looks like this), Editvoicepack. I also have 2 different types of water that I've tweaked myself, by me, they both far surpass any payware water enhancement out there. Take a look, nr1 and nr2. If you like them, let me know and I'm sure we can negotiate a price ;) I'm kidding of course, but seriously, if you like them lemme know. I also use an addon stars file, a lot more stars are visible on the night sky than with the default file, can't remember where I took it from.

kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

Your water textures look terrific (but not sure about the Hooters plane). Can we negotiate a price? I can do $Oz, George Washingtons, Sterling, or Hong Kong Dollars :D A lot of my fliying is around the aircraft carrier, so having good water textures would be a real buzz.

Steve from Mudgee.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Oh I'm baaad, I run one of the most infamous criminal organizations in the air, "Fart Dusters", we specialize in smuggling rice, coco nuts, men's magazines and other highly illegal stuff, by crop dusters, across the border. Lo tariff, but dare not to pay us and we come for ya, and when we get ya, you get to fly with us on our next smugglin' flight, upside down, hanging from the wing. Me no good man, me baaad!;)

http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/porco/synopsis/images/porco_dabohaze.jpg

kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

Archived