Broken FSX disc

alexdebruin

Hey everyone, I am having a little bit of a problem right now. So I just bought the PMDG 737 NGX and tried to fly it in game, problem is I have fsx Steam Edition. Now a while back I bought FSX Gold Edition so I went looking for it in all my old CDs. I ended up finding it but problem is Disc 1 has superglue all over the back of it :'( I was just wondering if anyone could send me the files for Disc 1 or something, I don't want to download it from some dodgy torrent site but I really want to use my PMDG 737, if anyone could help that would be awesome, thanks.

Hey everyone, I am having a little bit of a problem right now. So I just bought the PMDG 737 NGX and tried to fly it in game, problem is I have fsx Steam Edition. Now a while back I bought FSX Gold Edition so I went looking for it in all my old CDs. I ended up finding it but problem is Disc 1 has superglue all over the back of it :'( I was just wondering if anyone could send me the files for Disc 1 or something, I don't want to download it from some dodgy torrent site but I really want to use my PMDG 737, if anyone could help that would be awesome, thanks.

Superglue can be removed by ultrasonic cleaning.

"I ended up finding it but problem is Disc 1 has superglue all over the back of it"

If by BACK you mean the data (clear) side. If so, you're hosed. The glue will etch too deeply for you to remove it and not expose the metal inside or leave serious scratches.

You get credit for coming up with a new excuse to request pirate files and and a debit for requesting people partner with you in a crime.

Anything on the upper (label) side of the disk is harmless.

Better yet, use your Steam version. I'm sure the PMDG support is not far away.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Hi,

It's my understanding that the FSX security is in the activation code. It seems that the accusations of piracy are not warranted. A field day for junior g-men none the less. Once again I suggest that they focus their efforts on the many files in the library that contain copyrighted material rather than accusing someone new to the forum of illegal intent.

Jim F

"I was just wondering if anyone could send me the files for Disc 1 or something"

So you are saying this is a reasonable request?

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

Hi N2056,

I consider it reasonable. I'd comply but after previously providing a link to a missing file the post was removed. Instead a reference to a library file that contained a multitude of FSX files was allowed to stand. I'm content to let sleeping dogs lie.

Jim F.

Archived