How can I replace my Default B737-800 ??

raffer

I rather stupidly managed to completely delete my Default FSX B737-800 and wonder if anyone knows if it is possible to obtain another copy. I know it is possible to run "repair" from the DVD but that would overwrite GEX Textures amongst other files.

Many thanks

George

Hi George,

If you haven't installed or deleted a lot of software since you deleted the 737 AND you have system protection turned on for the drive that FSX is installed on (it's on for C by default) you can Restore to a point prior to deletion. After Restore, copy the 737 folder to a non-protected drive; a thumb drive for example and then reverse the restore and everything will be back to where it was prior to Restore except you'll have the 737 folder that can be put back where it belongs.

A Repair is almost always more trouble than it's worth.

By the way, emptying the recycle bin has no effect on Restore; they're separate animals

Jim F.

You can use the repair process quite simply:

1: Rename your FSX folder to something like FSX 2 or FSXORIG

2: Run repair install to the same location as your original installation

3L Run Acceleration or the two Service Packs.

4: you now have a completely 'vanilla' installation of FSX without chasing different registry entries or affecting any addons.

5: Copy and paste the whole FSX folder to a safe place on a hard drive.

6: Rename the FSXORIG folder back to FSX.

finally

7: Copy the necessary files from the vanilla installation back into your live FSX install. You can probably get away with just the 737-800 folder, but you might also need to copy back the gauges depending on how you actually mistakenly deleted the original.

You now have a default backup for FSX and can copy any files from there into your live sim folder.

Dont know how many times this technique has been posted. You probably could have used the search tool and found it quicker than the time taken to type it back out.

Archived