Stock FSX Weather is Too Hot

epvanhunnik

I use the stock FSX weather, and it refreshes every 15 minutes. I have found it is suitable for what I want to do, and I have found it is fairly accurate except for one annoying thing: Recent the temperature has been too high. For instance, in the northern plains the temperature was downloaded as being 23 C when I'm sure it was closer to -3 C. I really don't want to change weather programs, but just to test I downloaded FS Real WX Lite but it does not seem to work with my Windows 8.1 OS. Any suggestions on how to get the temperature in stock FSX to read more accurately? The winds and cloud coverage seem to be pretty much on par. Thanks!

I've noticed that, too, recently. I was flying locally and the FSX temperature for my area was 30 degrees warmer than the current temperature, here. Also, FSX weather has had problems with places like Port-au-Prince in Haiti, with almost always 59 degrees and no clouds.

FSX weather is supposed to be "provided" by Jeppesen. Maybe Jeppesen figured Microsoft dumped the program, why should we worry about it? ;-)

Thank you,

Tim

ASUS GL 12CX; Intel i7 9700K 3.6 GHz; 16 GB GDDR8 Memory; System BUS 2660 MHz; 8 MB L3 cache;

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6; Windows 10 Home x64

I know Jeppeson isn't updating anymore. But even if they were, there would be people freaked out by some of the temps this Fall! There have been a ton of high records in the north and low records in the south.

Although today is much more "normal" than most of the last several months. I just randomly checked a few temperatures on Weather Underground. In Mn. it is 50*, in Ithaca Ny. 37*, Detroit Mi. 46* Louisville Ky 45*, & in Orca Bay Alaska several reporting stations are showing 45* to 50*+ and it's hours from the time of the day when they should reach their high.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

www.fsrealwx.net

Make sure you have the latest free version of FSUIPC

I took a look at FS Real WX and it looks nice, but it's not free. Anybody have any idea what it costs? Real WX is bashful.

Thank you,

Tim

ASUS GL 12CX; Intel i7 9700K 3.6 GHz; 16 GB GDDR8 Memory; System BUS 2660 MHz; 8 MB L3 cache;

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6; Windows 10 Home x64

FSrealWX "Lite" is free and it does work. For many people, the default settings out of the box don't work. It helps if you have FSUIPC and set FSUIPC or "both" as the DWC.

However, if you really care that the weather is timely and accurate all over the world rather than "it's just there change the weather sometimes" than Active Sky Next cannot be beat.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived