Is there a better aircraft picking add on for P3D?

jefferysitz

It's pretty much just like FSX. IF you use the FAVORITES button though, it makes the selection much easier. I just remove all the extra paints that I rarely fly and that shortens the list. As long as you fly many different a/c you have to display the selection. I don't see the problem - a list is a list. Go through and mark your favorites and the others won't display. On the occasion when you feel like something different, uncheck favorites to see all, make selection.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Or you can do like me:

Edit the aircraft file and delete some of the texture files. Or put them in a folder on another drive in the case you need them or deleted one of the common textures. (how do I know that?)

Some aircraft come with a ton of repaints and I dont need them all. They just fill my ssd drive and the list (which you can edit with favorites, true).

many aircraft, I only have 1 or 2 repaints. I dont repaint my car every time I drive it.:cool:

Well, I dont change car so often as i change aircraft. I wish I could though.

I too wish L-M had retained the selectable filters for the UI that FSX used. It is ever so much more convenient to start at the far right and pick the type (such as rotorcraft), then developer, then the list becomes shorter and more manageable.

Of course, since P3Dv2.x is aimed towards professional users, they would not have a hanger full of "add on aircraft" from which to choose anyway, so...

...I do understand why they didn't invest a lot of time on the UI. ;)

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

ok, I will have to explore that. I did not realize there was a way to only show my favorites. I am still pretty new.

I came from the FS9 system of pick manufacturer, then airplane, then texture according to the ui entries.

Now you can save the flight with the aircraft and paint of choice, then launch the sim from that - using the Windows menu.

I have detailed this previously.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived