AI aircraft on the ground?

whats up

Hey guys, I have been posting for quite a bit on this forum and I've done another topic on a similar problem about AI traffic. I was at London Heathrow on a transatlantic flight, but when I got to the runway is like two roads merging without traffic rules, the ATC is doing nothing about it when aircrafts just start doing everything and I can't move, is there a program that can solve this, something like AI Smooth, but do something with traffic on the ground?

Traffic conflicts on the ground are usually caused by changing weather. Aircraft already landed or in taxi when the wind reverses direction causes new traffic to reroute, but the old traffic keeps the original routing. The default ATC has no ability to deconflict taxi routing other than to give hold commands for crossing conflicts.

There are several ways to solve this problem. The simplest is to pause and save the flight while the new weather is in use. Immediately load the saved flight and the AI traffic should now align itself with the new weather direction.

Another helpful program besides "Smooth" is to use Active Sky Next which has a feature to help the AI recognize wind direction changes by making them stronger in the new direction so forces new ATC/aircraft to use the new routing.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

With an airport like Heathrow, the takeoff end of the runway can get congested pretty fast. All AI aircraft on the ground are controlled by the ground controller. If you have the tower tuned you will not hear the ground control, but you should be hearing the instructions to each aircraft in turn to taxi onto the runway for takeoff because they are under the same controller as you.

Thanks guys, what I meant was the runway jam up just like copperpen said, I had ground tuned, and two taxiway are merged before the runway. But, I was never told to move while about 18 plane went by my front end. Anything like AI Smooth that manage traffic conflict on the ground, and by the way, is there a way to stop the ground vehicles in the airport to take suicide chances under my undercarriage when I'm pushing back or taxiing.

Unless there is a long line, nose to tail, of AI traffic moving in front of you, I would be bold and start taxiing and Ground Control will advise you to "continue to taxi". I have had this happen at less crowded airports and I have waited about 15 minutes with no traffic near me.

As far as ground vehicles zooming around underneath your aircraft, I keep my airport vehicle slider at 50% and use Flusifix to slow them down.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The number of complaints about the default ATC and aircraft AI behavior in FSX over the years is in the thousands if not millions. The program was not written to accommodate every real life possibility.

Anyone who plays games knows the best AI are not even close to human flexibility and creativity.

You must accept the limitations of the program and just work with it. You will not go to jail or be removed from the aircraft if you come up with solutions of your own including ignoring ATC instructions.

I TOTALLY disagree with JS that weather changes do not contribute to traffic jams on runways and taxiways. A visit to Active Sky forums on this subject will demonstrate this problem is long standing and various solutions attempted. The problem is further increased by third party add-on airports which have changed the runway designation defaults, but the current real world weather and the ATC logic conflict with these defaults. Furthermore, landing aircraft which have been given landing clearance during a wind/runway change causes the logic to freeze because it cannot reconcile aircraft lined up in the sky and on the ground now all pointing the wrong direction, waiting for each other. Together with VERY SLOW runway taxi speeds cause the pile ups to get larger and larger. Lowering the AI desity at the large airports helps, in addition to getting your clearance as early as possible before too many planes get moving toward the runways.

If your joy comes from being clogged in a long line of ground traffic, then there is no solution other than those already offered. For me, both with AI and Vatsim traffic, I do everything I can to get off the ground and into the air ASAP. If you want SMART ATC who does what they should do and can deconflict the most snarly ground confusion, there is no substitute for Vatsim. You want human-like behavior, intelligence and problem solving, then get humans in control. The kind of problem solving people expect from a (then) $50 - $100 eight year old entertainment program probably isn't even available in a $1000 simulator.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

The number of complaints about the default ATC and aircraft AI behavior in FSX over the years is in the thousands if not millions. The program was not written to accommodate every real life possibility.

Anyone who plays games knows the best AI are not even close to human flexibility and creativity.

You must accept the limitations of the program and just work with it. You will not go to jail or be removed from the aircraft if you come up with solutions of your own including ignoring ATC instructions.

I TOTALLY disagree with JS that weather changes do not contribute to traffic jams on runways and taxiways. A visit to Active Sky forums on this subject will demonstrate this problem is long standing and various solutions attempted. The problem is further increased by third party add-on airports which have changed the runway designation defaults, but the current real world weather and the ATC logic conflict with these defaults. Furthermore, landing aircraft which have been given landing clearance during a wind/runway change causes the logic to freeze because it cannot reconcile aircraft lined up in the sky and on the ground now all pointing the wrong direction, waiting for each other. Together with VERY SLOW runway taxi speeds cause the pile ups to get larger and larger. Lowering the AI desity at the large airports helps, in addition to getting your clearance as early as possible before too many planes get moving toward the runways.

If your joy comes from being clogged in a long line of ground traffic, then there is no solution other than those already offered. For me, both with AI and Vatsim traffic, I do everything I can to get off the ground and into the air ASAP. If you want SMART ATC who does what they should do and can deconflict the most snarly ground confusion, there is no substitute for Vatsim. You want human-like behavior, intelligence and problem solving, then get humans in control. The kind of problem solving people expect from a (then) $50 - $100 eight year old entertainment program probably isn't even available in a $1000 simulator.

-Pv-

You'll get all the above situations even if you don't use weather.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Thanks for all the advice guys, I am a traffic hog and I had been watching planes line up at Beijing, but annoyed at only three planes in the hundreds of gates and parking available, so I got ICE AI, and in an instant I find myself in this dilemma, lower AI gives me a more unrealistic waiting time, but when the AI is set to high, the ATC will be completely stupid. Is there any suggestions on balancing this? Thanks to all again!

WHAT? Check it out mate, there are tons of youtube video saying its the best traffic out there, UT2, I did own SUCKS, check out my other threads, there are over 200 replies helping me get of trouble. Anyway, here's a picture of the madness.Untitled.jpg

UT2 might well be billed as the best traffic out there, but what you show in that picture is normal for Heathrow if high traffic percentages are used. Every one of those aircraft are under ground or tower control. It is even worse once arrivals start as well. AISmooth is a pretty good tool, but even that will not sort that lot out.

If atc isn't being smart, you'll have to put some smarts in yourself. When on busy airports you wish to take off immediately, plan ahead. Listen in on tower frequency while doing the pre-flight checks. If you hear most departures being directed to 9Left, request taxi but do not accept 9Left. Instead click on 'select other rw for takeoff' in the atc menu and choose 9Right. That usually gives you a sliguly longer but clear path.

Fsx does not have ESP (even though the sdk is similar. Lol. :)).

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Never mind, flown out of Munich today, quite organized, I guess 70% AI will have to do. A final question, is there a way to stop AI from disappearing when they wait too long, I have good frames with all the AIs, but when I start engine on taxiway, the guy behind me was told to hold and got impatient so he disappeared, whether he reappeared somewhere else (certainly not close to me), I do not know, but is there a way to stop that, I am all too willing to sacrifice scenery settings for realism. Thanks so much, this forum is awesome!

A final question' date=' is there a way to stop AI from disappearing when they wait too long[/quote']

Hi,

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?227464-Changing-AI-holding-time

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?245771-A-fix-for-5-minute-AI-timeout-limit-for-FSX-SP2-(finally)

Never tried it myself.

When there's a long queue, I rather fire up the the SDK Traffic Explorer, and shoot some of the waiting AC with the DEL key :cool:.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think using ftx makes a difference for ai.

For nice free ai, have a look at woai. Here's one recent thread on woai. If you do some searches (search box at vor of this page, or google) you will find much more info on woai.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?287771-How-do-I-populate-my-FSX-with-real-aircraft

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived