boeing 767 (just flight)

edwarosmith

Hi guys

Installed (just flight) Boeing 767 in to FSX Gold with FSUIPC installed and I'm running Windows 7.

the problem is it won't leave the tarmac; anyone any idea why? or is there a fix in the aircraft config?

thanks in advance

Edd

Well, I have the Just Flight 767 as well as the Capt Sim 767... so , ,my answer is simply having said that, having flown both the aforementioned.....I bought the Level D 767...and I have no "767" problems...at all period......respectfully submitted...al v

Hi guys

I see that my post is confusing to some, on my flights the only time an aircraft “leaves the tarmac” is when it “takes off” but then that’s my take on it. Sorry for the confusion I will watch which way I word posts in the future. (LOL)

However, after all I tried my FSX stock planes and they would not “leave the tarmac” either; so, I uninstalled the 767 which corrected the problem. It is obviously the software was at fault but no adverse effects in FSX.

No offence meant in comments just different terminology.

Cheers

Edd

OK, thanks for the explanation! Usually the "Tarmac" is where the aircraft are parked, be it at a gate or Ramp parking spot. Taxiway is the path from the tarmac to the runway. Planes usually takeoff from the "Runway".

I guess helicopters takeoff from wherever they please. (I Never fly those things!)

I will amend the definition of tarmac: It could be used as a term for runway.

(Civil Engineering) a paving material that consists of crushed stone rolled and bound with a mixture of tar and bitumen, esp as formerly used for a road, airport runway, etc. Full name: tarmacadam See also macadam

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Funny, I was never instructed to takeoff on Tarmac 19Left or land at KSFO using Tarmac 28Right. It must be a general discussion term.

OK OK OK!!!

TARMAC! What’s the big deal, Why the sarcasm?

just as bad to assume that the “plane won’t push back this would be (Stuck), run into something invisible while taxiing; in this case I would be moving, I have never asked permission to take off from “concrete” RWY 27L at EGLL to concrete LEMG RWY 14 either. Oh just to mention, if you are so perfect in your criticism and sarcasm (I’ll take the pepper) try TAKE OFF. Just one more small point, are you aware that an aircraft parking on “TARMAC” on a hot day actually sinks into hot “TARMAC” (to an extent) then it would be “stuck”.

Thank you Robert seems you’re on the same page as me.

Advice is one thing to ask for in a civil manor however, to be answered with sarcasm is not what I expect from this site/forum

Please don’t use the immortal words, (if you don’t like it then leave) to coin a phrase, I’LL BE BACK.

Edd

OK OK OK!!!

TARMAC! What’s the big deal, Why the sarcasm?

just as bad to assume that the “plane won’t push back this would be (Stuck), run into something invisible while taxiing; in this case I would be moving, I have never asked permission to take off from “concrete” RWY 27L at EGLL to concrete LEMG RWY 14 either. Oh just to mention, if you are so perfect in your criticism and sarcasm (I’ll take the pepper) try TAKE OFF. Just one more small point, are you aware that an aircraft parking on “TARMAC” on a hot day actually sinks into hot “TARMAC” (to an extent) then it would be “stuck”.

Thank you Robert seems you’re on the same page as me.

Advice is one thing to ask for in a civil manor however, to be answered with sarcasm is not what I expect from this site/forum

Please don’t use the immortal words, (if you don’t like it then leave) to coin a phrase, I’LL BE BACK.

Edd

Woah, easy there. I've never heard a runway referred to as a Tarmac either. We just needed to clear stuff up to help you better.

http://vnorthwest.com/lib/signatures/NWA3004.png

Great VA! Join me at http://www.vnorthwest.com :)

When I read the OP, I just assumed the OP was having an issue taking off and was just using an unfamiliar term for the runway but I certainly wasn't hung up on that idiosyncrasy. And I had a good chuckle at those who thought the OP was unable to leave the apron or pad. (egad, what does he mean by pad?! A cushion maybe?)
http://my.flightmemory.com/pic/tvieno.gifhttp://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk/Status/1136602.jpg

Apologies! In post #1 where the OP said "I can't leave the tarmac", a couple of us asked for further explanation. It's just not a common expression on this Continent (U.S.A). If you notice in Post #9 my comment was aimed at Rupert.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I thought the initial question had to do with the failure of the JF 767....soo...guess I was wrong....I looked this up......Tarmac (short for tarmacadam, or tar-penetration macadam) is a type of road surfacing material patented by Edgar Purnell Hooley in 1901. The term is also used, with varying degrees of correctness, for a variety of other materials, including tar-grouted macadam, bituminous surface treatments, modern asphalt concrete, and airport aprons and runways.

Go Level D 767...and bye bye problems....it will takeoff on a tarmac runway and don't know about the airpron though...LOL Hang in there edwarosmith

When I read the OP, I just assumed the OP was having an issue taking off and was just using an unfamiliar term for the runway but I certainly wasn't hung up on that idiosyncrasy. And I had a good chuckle at those who thought the OP was unable to leave the apron or pad despite the usage of the term "take off". (egad, what does he mean by pad?! A cushion maybe?)

Hi

I myself do not understand the critique from certain members and why they made such an issue over the use of “leaving the tarmac”; is it not easy to work out that an aircraft only leaves the "tarmac" when taking off ( beats me too ).

Thank you

Edd

I thought the initial question had to do with the failure of the JF 767....soo...guess I was wrong....I looked this up......Tarmac (short for tarmacadam, or tar-penetration macadam) is a type of road surfacing material patented by Edgar Purnell Hooley in 1901. The term is also used, with varying degrees of correctness, for a variety of other materials, including tar-grouted macadam, bituminous surface treatments, modern asphalt concrete, and airport aprons and runways.

Go Level D 767...and bye bye problems....it will takeoff on a tarmac runway and don't know about the airpron though...LOL Hang in there edwarosmith

This is my last post on this issue in that “alverthein” has gone to the trouble to define “tarmac” and its uses.

You are correct in your assumption that my initial post did indeed concern the JF 767 package in that it grounded "all" my aircraft until uninstalled.

Thank you

Edd

Any ATC language that I've ever heard, be it ground, clearance delivery, metering or terminal gates have ever used the word "tarmac" in their communication. However, this term may be used frequently when baggage handlers drop your luggage on the "tarmac" :)
RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

Archived