This looks a Rip off scenery on the market what you think?

dorianr

I bought the Europe package at a discount in a recent sale and feel I got a very good deal for a nice product. Why do you feel it is a ripoff??
My rig specs: ASUS P8Z77-V Rev3 IZ77 4D3 LGA1155; Intel Core I7 3770K Ivy Bridge3 5gHz/8Mo; SSD 500Go Agility3; DD SATA-III, 1To, 7200T, 64Mo cache; DDRAM III PC-12800, 2 x 4 Go; NVidia 1060GTX TI SC 6Gb 1563-E3 (not over-clocked); Power supply - 850W Corsair HX850; Windows 7 Pro 64bits, FSX Gold (SP1+2, Acceleration).

If you think that, don't buy it! But, you should be aware that Justin's creations are First Class.

Darrell

Justin is no longer involved with FSGenesis. He sold it some time ago. New management.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Captain Sam......No, I strongly disagree with you about PMDG.....Personally, I do not think they charge enough for the Triple Seven...a marvelous aircraft in so many ways and also the NGX,,,,,,,as one can fly them long, short, or medium range and so many systems to learn about....oh well, I think PMDG is very generous in their pricing for what they provide in their abovementioned products....al v

Have to agree. The $60 price tag is nuts. No add-on aircraft should cost more than the game...They are absolutely awesome, but that's why I don't own the Majestic Q400 or many of the great PMDG products. Can't justify spending that much. $20-$30 is my top-end.
AMD A10-6800K Richland 4.1GHz (4.4GHz Turbo) Socket FM2, BIOSTAR Hi-Fi A85W FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) SATA 6Gb/s, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600, ASUS DirectCU II Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-bit GDDR5, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Corsair H100i liquid cooling

Alverthein, I believe PMDG has a lot of buyers. The quality of their aircraft may be great and expensive to create, but considering the demand, a 60 dollar 777 should make enough money for them. Don't take me wrong. I absolutely love PMDG, however, a monopoly in any business can and will have grave consequences.

P.S. I believe Matt Davies has an opinion about PMDG's pricing.

Well, I get it...I really do...if you don't have the money ...I understand ...I cannot afford a new Corvette,,,but lots of people do...and I don't think I am in a position to tell GM how to structure their prices.....saying that....I have the money to afford PMDG and I will pay the price for the upcoming new 747 which will improve the current one.... so, guys ...I am cool with your pocket books....no problem....buy what you can...that is what I do.....al v...cheers....

The problem is that if a developer charges $60 for an aircraft, more people will turn to piracy.

Not that I condone piracy in any form, but some developers are encouraging it by over pricing.

I do understand the development times and costs involved, but 1000 sales at $30 must be better than 300 sales at $60. It's I suppose a question of whether the flightsim market is really big enough.

I was looking for a mesh covering the Channel Islands - does anyone know if (and which) genesis package covers this area?

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Why did you plane guys highjack this thread about mesh?

Plain and simple FSGenesis mesh is my number one go to mesh. I had no idea that Justin sold the business but I bought all my stuff from him originally including NextMap.

I got a promotional thing for the 50% off, I don't see what's the problem.

Plain and simple FSGenesis mesh is my number one go to mesh. I had no idea that Justin sold the business but I bought all my stuff from him originally including NextMap.

There's more info about the change in ownership of FSGenesis over on Avsim.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/452661-what-can-we-do-about-flightsim-vendors-that-give-industry-a-bad-name/?p=3096432

Why did you plane guys highjack this thread about mesh?

I got a promotional thing for the 50% off, I don't see what's the problem.

Well now...am I out of the loop. Have had an ongoing relationship with Justin's products since the very beginning when he was doing freeware. I had a few email exchanges with him sometime back about his troubles and was sharing ideas on how I might proceed if I were him.

He advised me that he had something in the works. Well it looks like that fell through and the new vendor is not the same mold as Justin.

A real shame, so I guess I can no longer retrieve my previous purchases. Fortunately I think I have them backed up somewhere. Particularly the NextMap stuff.

So now I see why the OP expressed some concern over the sale. I suspect that the products are still the same quality of the originals.

• 2 months later...
No add-on aircraft should cost more than the game...

It is no longer a game when it comes to PMDG -)

Nothing compared to the cost of sceneries (ouch!!), $30 a piece, only 3 for the cost of a 777. A set of major US and European hubs will round up to like $600-800. Understood it is a piece of work.

As for Aerosoft, I hope they release a discount for the A318/319 expansion soon, I seriously fail to understand why it isn't discounted yet.

Sorry to continue the PMDG argument, but think about it, to be in a real 777 sim for an hour costs hundreds of dollars... the same thing, systems wise is yours forever for only about $100, and froogle was talking about P3D's 777 which has a whole different license.

http://prepar3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/34.jpg

http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Carenado just released a Citation II. Yes pretty product but that's expensive indeed.

PMDG is giving you 10 big bananas for $70-100, and Carenado 2 small bananas for $45.

I don't know who's pricing is right but there is an obvious inconsistency between the work put into programming of these aircraft (by Carenado and PMDG) vs. the final cost. Not saying Carenado products are missing in features/programming, the Citation simply doesn't have systems as complex as those on MD-11/777, Carenado programmers can't physically have that overwhelming WORKLOAD PMDG programmers are faced with).

Sad, but I will end up buying that Citation II.

Archived