Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FSX/P3D Software and Hardware Tweaking Guide

Exclamation FSX/P3D Software and Hardware Tweaking Guide

Hello dear simmers,

I've been a long member of the flight simulator community, and for the most part active on the "other" forum, but decided it was time to expand my horizons.
    So, as an entry, here is my first share of something that probably most of you already know, and maybe some don't...

My FSX/P3D Software and Hardware Tweaking Guide:
    http://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/f...ardware-guide/

This guide should help anyone with a modern computer to set up their FSX to work quite well.
    As usual, this might not work for everyone, but it has been confirmed many times that it usually works quite well. Just be sure to give it a detailed read!

Thank you and questions are always welcome!

(Admins: make it a sticky maybe? And please note that I prefer keeping a link to the guide, rather than posting a full guide here, since I make changes here and there, and keeping it up to date on one place is a job enough for me. Thx for understanding.)
    Last edited by Kosta; 01-20-2013 at 06:04 PM.

2. Default

Thanks so much for all the work you've done for the flightsimming community!

Thanx and welcome!

Vic

P3D Rig
    I7 3770K @ 4.73ghz Asus Sabertooth Z77 16G G.Skill 1600 7-8-7-24 2T EVGAGTX780 Corsair 1000W PSU 2 - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - OS & P3D HAF 942 - Corsiar H100i Liquid Cooler W7 64 Home Premium.

Thank You, Sir!
    A Link to your Guide, on the other site, and your blog, is a common addition to my tweaking and tuning replies.
    Definately deserves a Sticky.

However, I also believe Jesus "Bojote" Altuve's Auto-Tweaker is an excellent alternative for those that are too timid to edit files...Don

Jesus "Bojote" Altuve's Auto-Tweaker for FSX

BTW, I'm going to leave this unlocked for specific questions regarding the Guide and Tweaking tool.
    If it begins to show a lot of "That didn't work" responses, out comes the lock...
    Last edited by fxsttcb; 01-21-2013 at 06:46 AM.
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), HD 7970
    64GB Vengeance @ 1666MHz, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Thanks guys and thanks for the sticky.

Important thing to note is that both me and Bojote have different approaches. While mine is geared for more powerful machines, current hardware, SB and IB CPUs, 5th and 6th generation of Nvidia cards, Bojote's tool is more geared towards older hardware.

Greetings and welcome!

My computer specs below. I have Jesus' tweaks. I like them. Am I a good candidate for yours also, w/out conflict?

btw I'm computorily challenged compared to most of these geeks.

Tres Pierson

HP p6370t, Core i3 530 2.93ghz, Hard Drive 600g,W7 64 pro, Ram 6.0g, NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT WDDM v1.1, Monitor, Acer 26 in. HD

Hi Tres,

Your computer is unfortunately a bit weak to carry my guide successfully I believe, but your CPU actually reflects your GPU - so it actually might work.
    All you need to do is back up your fsx.cfg, start the si and then apply my tweaks one by one and see how your sim is working afterwards.
    If it's worse, delete your current fsx.cfg and restore the old one from the backup!

8. Default

Hi Kosta and thanks for all your help and support to our hobby. Could you advise please if you have, or are planning any special set-up tips for users who fly only photoscenery?

Thanks
    Phil

Hi Phil,
    Most likely not, because my photoscenery is working as great as everything else, and there simply is no need for something like that. If you check the screenshots on my blog, you will see what I'm talking about.

Blog Entries

Hi Kosta,
    I used your tweaks and its made a good difference. Only I feel FSX makes temp go up and fan spins vigorously, and when making long haul flights many times the computer just turns off in cruise flight. Settings are nearly all either maxed or 80%. Whic I should bring down to ease the temp?

My specs. I have no overclock
    AMD Phenom II x 4 3.4 Ghz 8gb ram Nvidia GTX 550 Ti in Win7 64bit 19 Samsung 23 inch with DVI conector
    Kapitan
    Anything I say is...not as serious as you think