What is the difference on versions?

I did a quick search but not really found the answer, I am thinking of purchasing 2020 and I noticed there is a Standard and Delux so is the difference besides the price of course please?

I just purchased XP12 and I am half sorry, I wish I had plumbed for this instead, I already own FS9, FSX and XP11 and now XP12 so not new to the sims.

Col.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Ty that was great, think I may just buy the standard eddition.

As for new software, after tweaking both FS9 and FSX then getting XP11 it was a shock, and as you say a learning curve, still not got my head round Xplane.

I have my sims on a seperate hard drive so if I get this it will joing them. Thank you for the links they were just what I was looking for, the standard will keep me going for a long time yet lol.

Edit: Came back to add I just bought the standard disk version.

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

Ty that was great, think I may just buy the standard eddition.

As for new software, after tweaking both FS9 and FSX then getting XP11 it was a shock, and as you say a learning curve, still not got my head round Xplane.

I have my sims on a seperate hard drive so if I get this it will joing them. Thank you for the links they were just what I was looking for, the standard will keep me going for a long time yet lol.

Edit: Came back to add I just bought the standard disk version.

Col.

I would humbly suggest you NOT buy the standard but opt in now and get one of the other versions. I bought the standard then a year later, wanted a couple of the other planes that only came with the deluxe version.

I had (foolishly) thought that MS would give me a break on the cost because all I was doing was upgrading. WRONG!!! lol, they charged me full price. Just some free advice :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Thanks David but I already bought the standard, it's on it's way, should have it by next week.

I know what you mean though, you would think seeing as you are a valued customer already MS would cut you a deal.

I once bought some scenery then later found out because I was a senior and on an old age pension I could have got it cheaper, when I contacted them they replied, "We don't back track on sales, any further sales you will get them on a reduced rate."

Well that kind of thing puts you off any further sales, some companies fail to see it like that.

Col.

Thanks David but I already bought the standard, it's on it's way, should have it by next week.

Hi, I'd say you don't need to be concerned about that. This has been discussed before and, as David knows, I see it just the other way round: I bought the Premium Deluxe edition, and eventually deleted most of the extra aircraft & scenery, because I use almost exclusively 3rd party add-on aircraft & scenery, which are much better in average. I wish I had bought the Standard!!

(David and I should have swapped licenses long ago, if that was possible at all, LOL!!)

Anyhow, welcome aboard :pilot:

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Hi Dan, I was thinking exactly that after I posted my comment above, I'm sure there are and will be more addon aircraft and scenery just like the other sims.

I mentioned above I bought Xplane12 and after having issues I half wish I hadn't bothered and just gone for FS2020.

My Grandson has the standard edition and he is happy with it and he too has got extra aircraft, so he can advise me as well.

Pity we have to leave the disk in the drive with the disk version, hope they get a workaround for that, I have Xplane11 as well and every so often it askes for the disk to verify I have legit copy, I know it only takes a minute to do but annoying when you click to go then the screen pops up asking for the disk.

Col.

I got the digital download version after reading that the disk version is more effort than it's worth. The disk installation takes ages because you have something like 37 DVDs to swap around and then you essentially have to redownload almost the entire thing with every update anyway (i.e. every two to four months).

Hopefully they've streamlined that process by now...

But I agree on the version. I got the middle version because I wanted a steam gauage 172, the Baron, and Cape Town Intl. There was no reason to buy the most expensive one - it would have been a complete waste of money for me because I wouldn't have used the extra content.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

" I got the middle version because I wanted a steam gauge 172"

Same here. In my case these old eyeballs and glass cockpits are not a great match -lol I too STRONGLY feel that Microsoft is missing an golden opportunity for quick sales by not offering a low cost version upgrade to current sim users. Would I pay them another $20-25 to go from Deluxe to Premium? In a heartbeat. Is it worth near a hundo to me? Heck no.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx